Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court rules in favor of cake baker who refused to bake cake for gay couple

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    It's not about which family fought more wars its about the fact that insulting the flag results in your family's sacrifice being insulted. Thar's what he is insinuating.
    Grow up. Its a god damn piece of cloth.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      No.

We dont just say all men are created equal in the eyes of the law. You just made that up.

We say all men are created equal period.

That core value then manifests itself in all aspects of our society, such as law enforcement, education, business...

If we believe that core value, we must also believe that we should not discrimate against certain groups, since we are born into those groups. Wouldnt you say so?

I said also applies to private business because you are posing the question as though there was something about private businesses that should make them exempt from our laws.

To be perfectly clear, private businesses can not and do not operate independantly from our governments.
      Lol made it up. /sigh It literally takes being able to open your eyes to know that we aren't all created equal. Now if you're saying our society, as a general rule, revolves around the premise of don't be dick to those different than you then yes, I agree with that. But that has **** all to do with being created equal. That is just common decency. We obviously set boundaries, but generally speaking there are no laws against being a dick as an individual.

Show me a law where an individual has to interact with certain people based on race or sexual preference. I wasn't aware that the government was now in the business of telling individuals who they can and can't be around based on race or sexual preference. When you are unable to find such a law come back and answer my question. Because we aren't exempting business from laws, we are creating a different set of laws for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Lol made it up. /sigh It literally takes being able to open your eyes to know that we aren't all created equal. Now if you're saying our society, as a general rule, revolves around the premise of don't be dick to those different than you then yes, I agree with that. But that has **** all to do with being created equal. That is just common decency. We obviously set boundaries, but generally speaking there are no laws against being a dick as an individual.

Show me a law where an individual has to interact with certain people based on race or sexual preference. I wasn't aware that the government was now in the business of telling individuals who they can and can't be around based on race or sexual preference. When you are unable to find such a law come back and answer my question. Because we aren't exempting business from laws, we are creating a different set of laws for them.
        Its a different set of laws because one is regulated and one isnt.

I think the problem here is you are blinding yourself to the starting point of opening a business.

Private businesses are regulated by the government. You cant open your business without their consent. Thats the starting point.

Once you understand that, you understand that the government can and should and will impose its core values on your business.

An individual's feelings and relationship towards others is NOT SUBJECT to government approval (unless its harmful).

Unless you are now saying that private businesses should not be regulated in any way, then what is there to talk about?
        Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 06-06-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X