No announcement yet.

Golovkin doesnt want 3rd Canelo fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Golovkin's team have zero authority to pick gloves diet referee etc. The NSAC picks the referee, and what gloves are legal to use.
    Yeah so I posted links that you either didn't read or can't read.

They were very clear that the gloves Canelo wanted to use were not acceptable in a world title fight. They also were clear that the handwraps in the first fight were acceptable.
    Yes. Gennady's team whined and were not clear on the rules while Abel was yelling at Canelo's team regarding legal practices.

The referee is also appointed by the commission. I don't know when Sanchez and company suddenly got the power to overrule the NSAC and Canelo's trainers.
    Yeah. Try to READ the links/sources I posted. That's why I post them. Hell in my post I gave you a direct source of Abel/Loeffler refusing the proposed referee and getting their way. Canelo's team agreed to every proposed ref and judge. It was only PrimaDonnaGennady whining about things.

And Canelo even FOUGHT the way Abel and GGG requested. Guess they bit off too much ???

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Majority of sources that I've seen, man. Ima save us a bit of time. Press row scored majority GGG or Draw, most boxers that we've seen opinions from went with Canelo or Draw... but you're missing the point. I ain't saying that you have to agree that GGG deserved the nod, I'm saying that claiming anyone who disagrees with your opinion is unreasonable is false logic. I'm criticising your argument not attempting to address your conclusions which are after all a matter of subjective opinion.

Point is plenty of guys who ain't notorious for dodgy opinions saw it Golovkin's way, and if you choose to go down the path of accusing people of bias or 'unreasonableness' then why are those who scored for Canelo demonstrably more impartial? Cos you happen to agree with 'em, perhaps?

EDIT: And hell, man. I'm flattered. Not often I get called a kid these days, shit... Ms Koba gonna have laugh at that one.

https://twitter.com/FightScorecard/s...81355625906177

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...ia_scorecards/
      I see what you mean boss. You right man.

It's a good thing when fights are legitimately competitive enough for readers to debate over.

Both are great fighters and after 24 rounds the better man is still not clear. We are lucky to be an audience during this

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        I see what you mean boss. You right man.

It's a good thing when fights are legitimately competitive enough for readers to debate over.

Both are great fighters and after 24 rounds the better man is still not clear. We are lucky to be an audience during this
        It is... second fight in particular was a hell of a fight. Shame so much of the appreciation of both guys gets lost in the rivalries between fan groups on forums like this one. Both dudes are top fighters and should be applauded for their efforts, but seems like too many folk on here can't wrap their heads around the idea that you can praise one guy without shitting on another.

Comment

Golovkin beat Danny Jacobs who is arguably PFP#2 and Kell Brook who was basically a MW anyways and could argue Top 5 PFP.
          brook clearly wasnt, he has one world class scalp and thats it for his whole career.

Oh and he drew with Canelo in the 1st fight...a Top10 PFP fighter
          this is true.

So that's a clear, dominating performance over PFP #2 Danny Jacobs, a clear, stoppage performance over #5 Kell Brook, a clear draw over Canelo a Top #10 PFP, and a win over #3 PFP David Lemiuex.

Gennady - Hall of Fame and ATG MW - Golovkin
          why is it HoF to draw and then get beat by an elite? Thats means anyone got drew or got beat by an elite is HoF?

lets look at what he did in the ring.. He won a title in the ring for the first time at age 33 in the ring with Lemmy, defended it successfully 4 times.This is good, proper world class...but how is that HoF?

if everyone who made 4 defences was HoF then HoF population would multiply by a factor of 100 overnight.

Comment

I'm white. Here are the official cards:

I don't need to review of casual fans that like popularity contests when I have professional fighters and trainers some of which are current/future HOF'ers.

Have a looky kiddy
            1st you didn't answer whether your Mexican or not, that was weak, to me it's obvious you are and don't want to seem biased, 2nd, the press are not casuals, boxing is part of their jobs, 3rd most of the press were there watching the fight live, 4th the only people who scored the last round for canelo was the judges which gave canelo the win, 5th we all have seen how biased some judges have been to canelo with a judge giving a draw against floyd when in reality he didn't win 1 round in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
              1st you didn't answer whether your Mexican or not, that was weak, to me it's obvious you are and don't want to seem biased, 2nd, the press are not casuals, boxing is part of their jobs, 3rd most of the press were there watching the fight live, 4th the only people who scored the last round for canelo was the judges which gave canelo the win, 5th we all have seen how biased some judges have been to canelo with a judge giving a draw against floyd when in reality he didn't win 1 round in that fight
              I am full gringo boy. White Euro Dad, white Italian mom.

I just dont Bow to Trump like a CUCK (you). I beat to my own drum

If you think Canelo didnt win ONE ROUND against Floyd than I agree with the idea of your post - lot of bias in boxing and judging. You're a spitting image of it

Comment

I am full gringo boy. White Euro Dad, white Italian mom.

I just dont Bow to Trump like a CUCK (you). I beat to my own drum

If you think Canelo didnt win ONE ROUND against Floyd than I agree with the idea of your post - lot of bias in boxing and judging. You're a spitting image of it
                Seems like the only thing you beat is meat, canelos that is, im an aussie so i dont have a dog in the fight,tell me how many rounds did canelo win against floyd and what rounds were they

Comment

Larry stop putting up bull***** man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                    Seems like the only thing you beat is meat, canelos that is, im an aussie so i dont have a dog in the fight,tell me how many rounds did canelo win against floyd and what rounds were they
                    Depending on what you like it was 10-2 or 9-3 and if biased Canelo couldve had 8-4.

Floyd gave away rounds at end and Canelo outright won 1 or 2 of middle rounds. Fight happened in 2013 so I'd have to rewatch

That was Floyd's last brilliant performance...and it was brilliant

Comment

Depending on what you like it was 10-2 or 9-3 and if biased Canelo couldve had 8-4.

Floyd gave away rounds at end and Canelo outright won 1 or 2 of middle rounds. Fight happened in 2013 so I'd have to rewatch

That was Floyd's last brilliant performance...and it was brilliant
                      So by your own admittion canelo gets favoured by the judges so in the 1st fight a draw way given that was a definate ggg win and in the 2nd a win was given to canelo that should have been at most a draw or a win to ggg

Comment

Working...
                      X