Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2018 Fighter of The Year: Oleksandr Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usyk did his thing this year. Good choice

Comment

Just glad it was not Canelo the “red meat eater”lol!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Wow. Haha. Usyk does have the moves!

Congrats to the man in my avi. He's really had a great year and I think the most impressive part of it is that he did it all on the road. It's hard to find such a successful road warrior. It's also got to be pretty intimidating as well. I think if I was a fighter, I'd say no and refuse to fight him in my hometown. It's like a psychological edge for him I think. And very cool.

Here's to Usyk, a fighter who will test himself and reach out for greatness!

Comment

Canelo and Warrington also had a strong case. What hurt Canelo was obviously the failed drug test.

Comment

yup

i made a thread for the NSB version and usyk won no poll needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              Wow. Haha. Usyk does have the moves!

Congrats to the man in my avi. He's really had a great year and I think the most impressive part of it is that he did it all on the road. It's hard to find such a successful road warrior. It's also got to be pretty intimidating as well. I think if I was a fighter, I'd say no and refuse to fight him in my hometown. It's like a psychological edge for him I think. And very cool.

Here's to Usyk, a fighter who will test himself and reach out for greatness!

You might not have seen this documentary on Usyk. It was put out by Sky Sports to publicise the Usyk/Bellew fight.

There's some more funny dancing towards the end, plus an interview with Usyk where he says loved the atmosphere at Wembley for the AJ/Povetkin fight, and he wants to fight there himself. If only Wilder felt the same way! Somehow, I don't think Hearn is going to be getting any "50/50 or no fight" drama with Usyk.
              Last edited by kafkod; 01-03-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

It was so clear, that not even the mega-huggers can dispute it.

Comment

Dammit! This is the first year I didn’t get a chance to watch any of the fights of the fighter of the year...

Gotta check em out....Thank God for youtube!

Comment

undisputed in his division, deserved

Comment

I AM FEEL. I AM VERY FEEL

Comment

Working...
                      X