Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Spence is Best at 147, Beats Crawford & Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
    Paule says Spence will beat Crawford but Tim Shaw FMW and Al Haymon won't touch the fight b/c They don't think he is ready and will try to age Crawford out of his prime b/c a big part of his game is mobility. Spence just beat up a small, short arm 135 fighter and now he is p4p #1. Didn't I see GGG/Brook, Canelo/Khan, Crawford/Gamboa and Loma/Rigo do this already? Either boxing fans have short memories or they are rocks like Bob ARum said.
    Just so you know bob arum is the one stopping this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Both will have to be on top of their games. Spence will have to be sharp like he was this past Saturday and may have to bring more heat early on than he did against Garcia. I can't recall the last time Crawford lost a round past the 6th round. Really, same applies to Spence as against Brook he took over from that part of the fight and never looked back and obviously this past weekend didn't lose a round, let alone in the 2nd half of the fight. Crawford is a master at dictating distance as well and is a sharp counter puncher. Both will have to adjust multiple times in the fight, but I'm with you, think Spence will be a bit too active for Crawford and will be able to take rounds that way. Also helps that he is the bigger puncher and will be able to make Crawford hesitate just enough.

One myth though is that Crawford has this amazing defense like he's Floyd. That's not the case. His defense is more leaky, especially early on, but he like Floyd, are master at making adjustments. That's what makes him tough to beat.

Just make this fight happen please, boxing fans deserve it with all the crap we put up.
      I agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
        Arum has a couple of golden geese. Crawford and Lomo. He will not put Bud in with Errol nor Lomo in with Garcia (maybe now that Mikey took a beating) Otherwise that same golden goose story he played while PAC was with him. Look what he’s done to the Wilder-Fury rematch.
        This ^ right here.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
          Horn beat pacquiao hahahahahahahahahahahahahah that's a very nice joke actually, thanks for making my day so early, cheers mate
          He did. Don't you know teddy atlas went to the losing team after Friday night fights ended? You know the guy that was screaming that Manny won but he didn't? That guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
            Tru.. Lopez was game doe. Thurman wasn't ready.. but he got a wake up call forsure.. His next fight will tell me everything I need to know..
            If you watch when Keith got hurt it came from a punch that got his head stuck on the ropes. If his head didn't get stuck on the ropes at the end of that punch it probably wouldn't of phased him. Keith has to stay off the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Spence probably loses against Crawford and Thurman. Porter is 50 -50 fight.
              No. Errol/Bud is 50/50 while Keith could end up beating either one with good movement & not getting hit but more of a 60/40 at this point while porter loses to all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                This is how I see it. Crawford's footwork, ability to switch sides and punch on the go would make it very difficult for Spence to get set, so he'd struggle to put the necessary pressure on or pick his shots. Crawford has a good jab too and is the faster of the two, the better counter puncher also and his timing is at least as good.

Spence's chance is if he can put enough pressure on and bang away and suffocate Crawford using his size and strength but that's going to be too difficult for him to enforce IMO.

I like Crawford in a 116-112 type fight.
                That's cuz you work for bob on the west coast..

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
                  Horn beat pacquiao hahahahahahahahahahahahahah that's a very nice joke actually, thanks for making my day so early, cheers mate
                  You do know the fight was scored again by 5 judges right?

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    The main difference is Crawford doesn't throw nearly as many punches and he actually gets hit more than Spence does. You're not beating a guy like Spence throwing (on average per round) 400-500 punches in a fight. It's just not going to happen with his skill set.

Bud will have to start much faster than usual and get on top of Spence earlier. If not, he could be down 3 or 4 rounds by the time he gets into a rhythm. His film is very telling. I get he has believers, but he's not as slick as people claim.
                    I just wonder if Errol has no problem fighting a southpaw?

Comment

because he just dominated a midget ?

I like Spence but I think he should have been able to stop mikey

Comment

Working...
                      X