Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spence dodged a bullet Sept 12, 2015

My mistake.
    Last edited by Nemisis; 03-19-2019, 01:44 AM. Reason: Error on my part

they didnt know who spence was. berto was old and over the hill so of course floyd went with him instead of hte guy he knew was good and was going to be a top fighter. floyd dodged a bullet but he dodged them his entire career. thats the whole point. dodge the bullets and get the duds

Comment

Yeah but Spence was still a "kid" a bit green maybe, not enough people knew him, as opposed to a young canelo who was also a bit green, you feel me. I think that interview I am reffering to and that reaction from the interviewer made Floyd's mind up about choosing between the 2

Comment

I know the feeling, hope you find it and then make a bad hass video on YT

Comment

Originally posted by Nemisis View Post
          Yeah but Spence was still a "kid" a bit green maybe, not enough people knew him, as opposed to a young canelo who was also a bit green, you feel me. I think that interview I am reffering to and that reaction from the interviewer made Floyd's mind up about choosing between the 2
          a spence floyd fight in 2015 was never a realistic possibility. he had zero star power and had barely been on tv. floyd definitely did not make his decision on who to fight based on the reaction or comments of someone else. if that was the case he would have fought prime cotto, marg, pac etc..when everyon was saying he was ducking and laughing at his crappy opponents. also it sounds like the interviewer laughed at both opponents since they were both bad choices. berto was bad because he was over the hill and not good. spence for a completely different reason. complete unknown but secretly very good(and floyd knew this having been beat up by him) so no way he is going to pick the guy who got the better of him in sparring for a real fight to try and prove something oh no.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemisis View Post
            I need help finding an interview of Floyd Mayweather, after the pacman win, a little after the Rousey beef, around July- August 2015. I do not recall who was interviewing him, but the sept date was set and Floyd was taking his time announcing his "last" fight. I remember he was asked if he had fighters in talks at least.. he said he narrowed it down to Andre Berto or Errol Spence Jr, to which the interviewer kinda laughed at his picks and said something like "c'mon,are you serious?" Floyd got visibly upset at the reaction the guy had to his picks.
            Anyways at that particular time Nobody wanted to see him fight either guy, but the people did not know about the "good work" Spence had given him before in camp.
            2 things..
            I want to review that video if anyone can find it, AND
            Did SPENCE DODGE A BULLET? Would Spence have lost to the Floyd that beat Berto on September 12, 2015?
            Lies. He didn't say Errol Spence, he mentioned some bum, forgot his name but he is Berto's stable mate. It was between Berto and that guy. That's why the reporter laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Lies. He didn't say Errol Spence, he mentioned some bum, forgot his name but he is Berto's stable mate. It was between Berto and that guy. That's why the reporter laughed.
              it was ggg

Comment

I wish I could find that video, but I know it was Spence because it was the first time I had heard of him. At that time I wanted Floyd to fight Thurman... I know a lot of people be on here and Someone can find that interview it was on tv, it was a big deal at the time, I know somebody had have to make a thread about the ***** here, I just havent been up on this site for a few and dont remember how to find it myself...
                Last edited by Nemisis; 03-18-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Exactly this. It wasn't Spence. It was some other dude that I can't remember because he was pretty irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    a spence floyd fight in 2015 was never a realistic possibility. he had zero star power and had barely been on tv. floyd definitely did not make his decision on who to fight based on the reaction or comments of someone else. if that was the case he would have fought prime cotto, marg, pac etc..when everyon was saying he was ducking and laughing at his crappy opponents. also it sounds like the interviewer laughed at both opponents since they were both bad choices. berto was bad because he was over the hill and not good. spence for a completely different reason. complete unknown but secretly very good(and floyd knew this having been beat up by him) so no way he is going to pick the guy who got the better of him in sparring for a real fight to try and prove something oh no.
                    As I recall fighters were not waiting for Floyd and making other fights, he WAS running out of options, he wasnt doing Manny again, GGG was never real at any weight, he didnt have much time to promote like literally time was ticking

Comment

Working...
                    X