No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Whether or Not DAZN Moves The Needle is Questionable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    ESPN are kings. the rest are just pawns.
    ESPN Boxing are the Dancing Queens

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
      Hearn and Joshua both said the offer was legit, so I'm not sure why you're saying it wasn't legit.

I think 40% is fair if they want Wilder to have to fight on Joshua's platform.
      No, that is twisting it. Link me up to where they say it was legit. You can't.

Comment

Arums right

Dazn is finally going to be putting on some good fights on their platform in the next couple months, Which they desperately needed to do

And they’ve shown they have no problem spending crazy amounts of cash to attract the biggest names in the sport to fight under their platform

Now the only question is if they can attract a large number of subscribersBecause right now from all reports the # has been real low and nothing short of a disappointment

the main problem they’ve faced besides being a brand new product they don’t have a established brand like Espn behind them to help draw fans in.

The 2 main reason I believe is the quality of fights has been sub par. With better fights lined up it’ll be interesting to see if it’s able to attract subscribers. Because right now the public hasn’t bought what they’re selling. And it fits into my f.uck Hearn philosophy but he was the wrong guy to be the leader of the platform from the start. He couldn’t attract any American fighters that had any sort of fan base and as the lead guy he hasn’t been able to make good fights so far . Other established names in the sport have proven they’d rather negotiate with Skipper to get a deal done. Dazn should have hired a neutral non promoter to run things from the start .having Hearn slowed the process of getting people interested in the app

For me I haven’t n’t signed up yet because the fights for the most part were borderline trash for months but they got some hot fire in the future so I’ll be purchasing it soon.
        Last edited by R_Walken; 03-13-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Rounds again View Post
          https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2...der-us-insist/

Go ahead & try to spin this like all aj-ites. Do I really need to post more like where Showtime head Espinoza confirms the same exact thing in an angry response to hearns blatant lies? AJ ducked wilder deal with it. He claimed it was because his fans deserve not to have to fly to the usa because he earned the right 4 uk homefield advantage,he then signed to face lardass baby huey in NY
          Last edited by kushking; 03-13-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2...der-us-insist/

Go ahead & try to spin this like all aj-ites. Do I really need to post more like where Showtime head Espinoza confirms the same exact thing in an angry response to hearns blatant lies? AJ ducked wilder deal with it. He claimed it was because his fans deserve not to have to fly to the usa because he earned the right 4 uk homefield advantage,he then signed to face lardass baby huey in NY
            So did Wilder duck by not wanting it in UK? Or did AJ duck by not wanting it stateside? GTFOOH with your silly theories. Finkel has ignored making the fight because he wants A side rights and his guy is the B side, that's all there is to this.

Comment

I thought that the 50M thing was debunked because they wouldn't let AJ see the t&c's and it turned out later that the deal would not have been possible the way they'd figured the tv part. I dont know of any fighter who would sign an agreement without knowing the terms and conditions
              Check & mate!! AJ/Hearn offered Wilder a contract without any timeframe in it & hearn was saying he wanted Wilder to accept in june for a fight next april,this being after Wilder had accepted to fight for a low flat rate. AJ ducked & will continue ducking til 2020 mark my words. Hearn just confirmed the duck by saying wilder has to sign to dazn if he wants AJ now ffs..

The end of your post actually confirms its ducking to give someone a post dated contract with nothing set in stone,no timeframes no penalties nothing,just Wilder supposed to sign a bogus offer like that.
              Last edited by kushking; 03-13-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Check & mate!! AJ/Hearn offered Wilder a contract without any timeframe in it & hearn was saying he wanted Wilder to accept in june for a fight next april,this being after Wilder had accepted to fight for a low flat rate. AJ ducked & will continue ducking til 2020 mark my words. Hearn just confirmed the duck by saying wilder has to sign to dazn if he wants AJ now ffs..

The end of your post actually confirms its ducking to give someone a post dated contract with nothing set in stone,no timeframes no penalties nothing,just Wilder supposed to sign a bogus offer like that.
                Yeah, that all adds up.

Listen, I've got $10,000,000.00 in my Nigerian bank account and I need your help. You seem like a really discerning person.....

Comment

https://www.boxingafrica.com/joshua-...offer-was-real

Hearn questioned the legitimacy of the offer, which drew the ire of the American contigency. However, Matchroom chairman Barry Hearn, father of Eddie, contradicted his team by announcing that while it was a great offer, they would have turn it down due to Joshua’s willingness to remain in the UK.

Now it appears Joshua is co-signing the comments that the $50 million offer from Team Wilder was, in fact, real. During an interview with IFL TV, the unified champ stated, “It’s the first time I’ve ever had issues on the financial side for a fight. Let’s say for instance tat $50 million we spoke about. Listen, it’s a hell of a lot of money and an honor to even have that number thrown at me. But when you dissected it and what it was, it was kind of like a rights fee–we own you for this amount of money. The issue that I had is that I’ve got long-standing contracts in place and certain partnerships. So you may put that money forward and think you own me 100% but you may only own 50%, so that makes their 50 worth 25%.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Let me swing this around for you and talk about the future. Let’s be honest any startup business wasn’t expecting to have elite fighters in the numbers they have so quickly so to be even competing is mega. Now complain all you want about dazn but please share a competing network future lineup as a comparison if you want to criticise. Not every night is elite but who else has non stop elite fights?

But here’s a lineup (just key fights) coming up:

15th March - Farmer vs Carroll / Rosado vs Sulecki

23 March (uk) - Edwards vs Moreno (Buatsi and Okolie on undercard)

30th March (uk) - Smith vs Egginton (Fowler and price on undercard)

30th March - Garcia vs Lopez

13th April - Munguia vs Hogan

20th April (uk) - Chisora vs Gashi / Allen vs Browne (Cordina and Kelly all undercard)

26th April - Rungvisai vs Estrada II / Roman vs Doheny

27th April - Prograis vs Rilikh / Donaire vs Tete

4th May - Canelo vs Jacobs

18th May Inoue vs Rodriguez

18th May - Baranchyk vs Taylor

1st June - Joshua vs Miller

15th June - Briedis vs Glowacki
                    / Dorticos vs Tabiti

On top of that dates expected to be announced for July or earlier including Usyk, Whyte, Povetkin, GGG and Andrade.

There are also rumours/potential others eg Brezeale vs Wilder.
                    Farmer vs Carroll?
                    Edwards vs Moreno?
                    Smith vs Egginton?
                    Munguia vs Hogan?
                    Chisora vs Gashi?
                    Joshua vs Miller?

Mismatches and British fighters. Who cares? Certainly not me.

I'm a hard core fan and very few of those are must-watch, can't miss. If I'm home and bored, I'll watch. Otherwise, my life will be great without Chisora-Gashi and Munguia-Hogan.

Matchroom needs to hire a matchmaker. The vast majority of their fights are one-sided beatdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      Canelo is facing Jacobs next for unified .. it's a great fight.

Andrade had to fight kautondokwa, it was ordered. Akavov was an industry standard first defence and he beat him better than Saunders.

You're correct on the Andrade/rosado/ sulecki but what else is he meant to do. Lemiuex has moved up and golovkin won't take on Andrade in his first fight it doesn't make sense for DAZN or him.

Jacobs fought arias and sulecki on HBO. Not DAZN. He also fought derevyanchenko whom you missed out .. on HBO. Stop exhibiting selective bias.

Anthony Joshua and the whole HW division has been talked to death. Wilders meeting DAZN next week with views to make that fight. Until then he fights a guy Joshua smashed 5 fights ago.

Derek chisora is on a UK card. That's nothing to do with DAZN they merely take the UK sky cards and show them. Blame Parker for wanting a longer camp.

Tevin farmers fighting who he fights because TMT and ellerbe refuse to allow gervonta to head to DAZN even for one fight for his highest payday.

The card this week in Philly is a good card...and farmer headlines so why moan?

You need to do some homework
                      Homework? You agreed with most of my points. The vast majority of those fights are one-sided beatdowns or irrelevant and meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                      X