Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the best place to live in the world from a geographic point of view?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago or Los Angeles

Comment

New York weather sucks.

Comment

Avoid Southeast Asia as a bite from the Russell's Viper can reverse puberty leaving you Impotent and without pubes.

Comment

Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            I don't mean any of this "our country is the best!" ****, I just mean... in terms of environment, objectively.

The other day I was reading about some Indian island that, every single year, gets monsoons and is half flooded... so much so that they've taken to teaching their schools on a boat.

See, my advice would be.... MOVE.

Australia obviously, while the wildlife issues are exaggerated in the media, still has a ****load of stuff that can kill you.

Now, I do like Fat Yankistan, but there's also issues there, from Earthquakes in certain areas, cold temperature in others (NY in winter) and some animals that would **** you up.

The main problem with living in the UK is that the weather is so **** I've actually grown to love rain. In fact, when it's not raining I'm thinking "WTF's going on?"

So climate wise, the UK isn't the best, with your summer being total pot luck... it's like that Russian Roulette scene in The Deer Hunter, but instead of bullets, you've got a 1-in-6 chance of getting sun.

Yet having said that, there's very little here that can actually kill you. Most of our snakes are complete twats who just sliver around being bell ends, and if there's an Earthquake in the UK (as there was this week, actually) it's usually a really piss-weak once, like level 3. I've experienced a couple, they only usually last about 10 seconds, and you're like "what was that, did someone fart?" Then you read about it in the papers later and you're like "**** me, I didn't even realise."

So what do you guys think? Remember, be OBJECTIVE. If you live in Florida and you want to say Florida, for example, remember you've got the brown recluse and the southern black widow spiders out there, so straight away you have to **** that off, no matter how nice the sunshine.

I don't know the answer to this..... I'm thinking one of the more peaceful European countries like Norway, maybe?
            Why does it rain so much in the UK?

Comment

I'm not sure.

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Chicago or Los Angeles
              That's a joke, right? Just off the top of my head, as much as I love LA (I've been there) it's high on the risk of Earthquakes.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                United states. China. South America.

Geographically.
                Well break it down. As established in the OP, some US States have high risk of Earthquakes/wildlife that is dangerous.

Comment

I did a look at risk areas... the lowest was New Zealand (maybe not right NOW, but generally) and one of the European countries.... I think it was Norway or somewhere like that.

Generally places that aren't known for any war involvement (such as Switzerland) tend to be safer.

Comment

new zealand. the money sucks tho, especially compared to australia where the money is great.

Comment

Southern France and Switzerland would be my picks.

Comment

Working...
                      X