Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASDAQ hits 8,000 for first time as US and Mexico move closer to new NAFTA deal.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 200, the Nasdaq was going crazy like this, then it burst. It wiped me and a lot of guys out who had stock options.

I won’t go into particulars. It was disastrous for me, and a lot of people who never thought the ride would end.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Good news. Does this mean Trumpers like NAFTA now or are you guys still fundamentally opposed to it?
      this should enhance the drug and coyote trade thus making that expensive wall more obsolete

Unless they have traps in mind

Speaking of walls the great wall of China is actually a beautiful tourist attraction almost 6000 miles long, 25 feet high and 30 feet wide. I'd incorporate wildlife and good guy corridors though that would hinder drug mules and vehicles. That is, if actually wanted a wall
      Last edited by maracho; 08-27-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
        It looks like Obamas policies are finally kicking in.
        Lmfao!

It only took 10 years.

Lucky for Trump, Obama's policies didn't work for 8 years, but kicked into overdrive about right after he left office. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          In 200, the Nasdaq was going crazy like this, then it burst. It wiped me and a lot of guys out who had stock options.

I won’t go into particulars. It was disastrous for me, and a lot of people who never thought the ride would end.
          Ah, the 'Dot-com' crash.

That wont happen this time.

The crucial factors present then are not present now.

Comment

This is why people will vote for Trump again. Like late night TV hosts said. "We need a recession" Yup you do!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
              It looks like Obamas policies are finally kicking in.
              https://thetylt.com/politics/barack-...strong-economy

But economists argue Obama-era policies are actually responsible for the current economy, and Trump is just taking the credit. The numbers Trump are citing as markers of his success are trends that are continuing from the Obama era.

The stock market has been on a steady rise since the financial crisis. Trump's enthusiasm for removing regulations probably helped to speed growth a bit, but the stock market was already on the upswing before he got into office. Obama, however, deserves far more credit. After all, he inherited an economy that tanked during the financial crisis. It was his actions that stemmed the bleeding and jump-started growth.

Unemployment continues to decline, but again, it's a trend that started with Obama. Between 2010 and 2016, unemployment went down from 10 percent to 4.8 percent when Obama left. It's currently 4.3 percent.

Comment

https://thetylt.com/politics/barack-...strong-economy

But economists argue Obama-era policies are actually responsible for the current economy, and Trump is just taking the credit. The numbers Trump are citing as markers of his success are trends that are continuing from the Obama era.

The stock market has been on a steady rise since the financial crisis. Trump's enthusiasm for removing regulations probably helped to speed growth a bit, but the stock market was already on the upswing before he got into office. Obama, however, deserves far more credit. After all, he inherited an economy that tanked during the financial crisis. It was his actions that stemmed the bleeding and jump-started growth.

Unemployment continues to decline, but again, it's a trend that started with Obama. Between 2010 and 2016, unemployment went down from 10 percent to 4.8 percent when Obama left. It's currently 4.3 percent.
                Huh? I thought I heard that the market would crash if he won. I swear those same people were saying that. What happened? I also heard this is Obamas doing, yet what happened when the tax cuts passed?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Huh? I thought I heard that the market would crash if he won. I swear those same people were saying that. What happened? I also heard this is Obamas doing, yet what happened when the tax cuts passed?
                  1. Some predicted that, they were wrong.
                  2.Trump's trade fights have cost the stock market trillions and raised volatility please don't deny that

Since the tax cuts:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...s-growth-obama

There’s been, in other words, a large, deficit-financed demand-side stimulus of the sort Republicans condemned when Obama asked for it but were all too happy to pass as soon as Trump took office.

Comment

1. Some predicted that, they were wrong.
                    2.Trump's trade fights have cost the stock market trillions and raised volatility please don't deny that

Since the tax cuts:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...s-growth-obama

There’s been, in other words, a large, deficit-financed demand-side stimulus of the sort Republicans condemned when Obama asked for it but were all too happy to pass as soon as Trump took office.
                    There will always be politics.

His trade has cost us Trillions? Huh? You have seen the market right? What do you think will happen when China and Canada jumps in also?

Comment

Huh?
                      That's his typical cheerleading.

Because Obama was running 2% growth for 8 years, but once it broke 2% under Trump after little over a year they credit Obama.

Lmfao!!!

Too bad grubers aren't familiar with the famous Romer-Bernstein chart that was Obama's predictions for economic growth and recovery.

Obama missed his numbers, big time.

Trump's hitting his numbers. And remember, all the 'experts' mocked Trump for his too bold predictions.

As I keep saying, this guy only knows team loyalty.

I thought I heard that the market would crash if he won. I swear those same people were saying that. What happened?
                      Yes, you did. The most famous guy saying that was Paul Krugman, the Nobel Prize winner in Economics.

Makes you wonder how he won that thing.

I also heard this is Obamas doing, yet what happened when the tax cuts passed?
                      Exactly.

Gee, who knew cutting taxes and regulations would result in bigger economic growth?

Comment

Working...
                      X