No announcement yet.

Vince McMahon to announce re-launch of pro football league, reports say

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince McMahon to announce re-launch of pro football league, reports say

NATIONWIDE — WWE’s Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon is making what the wrestling organization is calling a “major sports announcement” today at 2 p.m. CT.

McMahon’s announcement will be related to his investment company, Alpha Entertainment, and plans to start a pro football league, ESPN reporter Darren Rovell tweeted:

Adam Silverstein of CBSSports.com reports the league will be called the XFL and is not expected to start play until 2020.

This will be McMahon’s second attempt at pro football. XFL’s only season took place in 2001, when it debuted to big ratings that steadily declined.

Source, includes pic of tweet:
    http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/aust...ootball-league

If patriots win the sb then im on board

Comment

This guy must be addicted to losing money

I did like some XFL's changes though. Like no point after kicks.

Comment

this dudes ego might just be bigger than Donald Trumps.....

xfl was a massive fail and he cant live that down he wants another go at it .... call him vince McBALLs cuz he got some cajones

Comment

Don't trust this man he killed my father Eddie guerrero

Comment

I don’t see how this ends well.

2 seasons tops.

Comment

Waste of money IMO. NFL ratings are down, don't really think too many people want more football.

It does launch in 2020 so maybe things will change by then.

Comment

I'm curious about this & I don't even watch football. Good luck to Mr. McMahon.

Potential changes I'd like to see.

No national anthems. We give all the teams dope ass exciting songs (House of Pain Jump Around & sh^t like that) to get the crowd amped up. National anthems are the worst music in every f#cking single language.

No kicking bs except after a touchdown. No after a TD point bs. No field goal bs. I'm not even sure I wanna see punting. 4 downs & out & take the ball over where its at.

Have a penalty box. Penalties result in mfers being taken off the field like in hockey for x minutes.

Overtime is decided in a steal cage match at the 50 yd line between a player of each coaches chosen.

Cheerleaders with aggressive camel toes. Cleavage is the past. Camel toes are the present. Booty holes are the future, but we aren't fully ready for that in polite mainstream society yet.

Comment

As long as "He hate me" is featured in some capacity I'll watch

Comment

No DUI's No Johnny Manziel

Comment

Working...
                    X