No announcement yet.

[Khan-Maidana] Classic Clash of Styles, my 2 cents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Khan-Maidana] Classic Clash of Styles, my 2 cents

firstly congratulations to Khan, his team, family and country.

secondly I want to thank Team Khan who took this fight with Chino. (well, they were kinda forced to fight him after Maidana beat Ortiz, but the corrupt ABC organs allowed Khan to face featherfisted, non-ranked and NON-deserving boost-confidence and tune-up fights first before Khan was mentally and physically ready to face a heavy caliber like Maidana.)

it was a very close and competitive fight, **** it was one hell of a fight.
    both youngstars showed tremendous heart. Maidana after taking somebass body shots, one to the liver. most fighters would have been out and of course Khan taking Maidanas best shots and surviving after he was badly hurt.

matchmakers did a good job, that was a classic clash of styles

Khan was supposed to throw ton of jabs instead it was Maidana who gave Khan trouble with his successful jabbing. (look at Khans nose, little cut)

Maidana kinda of neutralized Khans speed at times with his jab and was seeking the insite fight where he was very successfull with his uppercuts and hooks.(which won him some middle rounds too, its idiotic when Roach and people gave Maidana just the last 3 rounds)

Khan should use his reach adv. more to his favor, but he showed his all round boxing skills with speedy combos to head and body.

He clinched a lot and was on his cycle all the time but he had the early rounds in his pocked to get the nod. (well, one point deduction)

people used to say Khan can prove that he can take shots and hasnt a glass-chin in this fight, but I say you cannot prove it against a heavy bomber like Maidana, cuz fighters with a great chin may get KTFO when Maidana lands flush.

indeed Khan took some great shots and he proved he has a chin. (well, he was holding and running all the time, the ref also allowed Khan head-butting Maidana which cut him over the right eye and deducted him a point when Maidana was giving Khan trouble)

the ref was a crooked up b1tch , hes known for that kinda of effecting the fight to the favor of the money-fighter and showed it in couple of fights what a cocksucker he is.

I hope this fight has opened some people eyes.
    Khan was babied and protected after the Prescott fight, still is and outstanding guy who needs to fight guys like Chino. They shouldnt fool him w/ easy match-ups, cuz when its fight time it all could fire back.

def a FOTY canidate.

Khan deserved the nod in a close fight.

respect to both, thanks for the great effort and an entertaining and competitive fight.

Ps. Maidana was and still is under-rated, Khan is a bit over-rated, but both are outstanding guys)
    Last edited by cleaner147; 12-12-2010, 02:23 PM.

Let's have a big round of applause for both warrios!

Comment

*applause*..

Anyone who calls Khan "glass-jawed" or "A-mere Con" now is a fool. He manned up and took on one of the P4P biggest punchers in the world and survived, he deserves everyone's respect for that alone. And then there's his heart, which is commendable.

Maidana has the biggest heart in boxing - coming back from those KDs to stop Ortiz, and then coming off the canvas in the 1st round to relentlessly pressue Khan and almost stop him. Amazing.

Both are true pugilists, warriors in fact.

Comment

*applause*

I hope this is going to be the fight of the year!

Soto-Antillon was not as thrilling as this one for example.

Comment

Working...
        X