Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feels a bit weird not having games to watch everyday at the minute. Not long now until the footy season starts though.

I enjoyed this World Cup. I think VAR helped improve it. I know it splits people but I'd be happy to have it in the Premiership.

I felt a bit sorry for Croatia to be honest, that dive by Griezmann and the dodgy pen call hit them hard. For such a small nation, and a international side that hasn't be long formed, they do pretty well for themselves.

Comment

• Really starting to get sick of this media circle jerk for Southgate and England.

On paper, getting to the semi-final looks good, but the only teams we beat were Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. We lost 3 games to the only only 2 decent teams we played.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
        Really starting to get sick of this media circle jerk for Southgate and England.

On paper, getting to the semi-final looks good, but the only teams we beat were Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. We lost 3 games to the only only 2 decent teams we played.
        This post seems late. All outlets have switched back to club footy.

And behave. It made a change from the constant moaning like in this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          (...)

I enjoyed this World Cup. I think VAR helped improve it. I know it splits people but I'd be happy to have it in the Premiership.

(...)
          ... it definitely did improve the WC...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... it definitely did improve the WC...
            I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it corrected a lot of wrong decisions along the way. It will be interesting to see what happens next with VAR and where it goes from here.

Comment

• As long as a South American doesn't get elected for FIFA president, VAR will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it corrected a lot of wrong decisions along the way. It will be interesting to see what happens next with VAR and where it goes from here.
                VAR will improve all the big competitions... but I'm not sure about those which are less known or literally shady...

Comment

• -MEGA-

Can you unsticky this and resticky the official football thread please.

Comment

Working...
                  X