• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

gonzalez lost to oquendo two fights later

and donaire moved up in weight and now is fighting at a lower weight class

try again
    notice how i talk about wins and floyd fans talk about losses? the oquendo fight was a robbery btw not like you care as long as it helps your he lost case. also genaro never even fought again after floyd so him not fighting is somehow better? hmmm sounds a lot like the floyd doctrine. the less risks you take the better you are.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      notice how i talk about wins and floyd fans talk about losses? also genaro never even fought again after floyd so him not fighting is somehow better? hmmm sounds a lot like the floyd doctrine.
      because losses dont matter in boxing now?

again that same gonzalez that you used to prop up russell jr as a good win for lomachenko LOST TO A GUY NAMED OQUENDO ffs!

what does that say about russell jr if he lost to a nobody two fights later?

doesnt look good for russell jr and I actually like the guy.

Comment

Floyd w'd outbox him to death. Loma could never touch him with his small arms LoL. FLoyd penetrates his tummy with low right all day, and lead rights to face lands monotonously.

Comment

notice how i talk about wins and floyd fans talk about losses? the oquendo fight was a robbery btw not like you care as long as it helps your he lost case. also genaro never even fought again after floyd so him not fighting is somehow better? hmmm sounds a lot like the floyd doctrine. the less risks you take the better you are.

you forgot to add something???

you dont know what you are talking about please

your original post:

"notice how i talk about wins and floyd fans talk about losses? also genaro never even fought again after floyd so him not fighting is somehow better? hmmm sounds a lot like the floyd doctrine."

so which excuse do you want to use?

you are desperate

Comment

its been over 5 mins whats taking daggum so long to reply he had enough time to reply to another post

yea go check out your boxrec and google crap cuz ydksab twirp
            i was using wikipedia!

Comment

i was using wikipedia!
              I can tell thats why you had to previously switch up your comment almost completely.

Comment

yes its impressive to go undefeated but i think he lost 2 fights. maybe even 3. would a 46-3 or 47-2 floyd be one of the greats of all time accordin to most? prob not. thats why i dont care about official decisions since they often come from some of the most corrupt and or incompetent people in boxing. a very good record with or without those changes to his record but eitehr way i dont think it gets him to the top tier of greatness. top tier of very good for sure.

yes he had a long career of fighting very good fighters but he always seemed to miss the well established top guys. he would pick off a baldomir, gatti, or old fighter who found his way to the top again but those prime guys eluded him.

Theres always a ton of guys that he could have fought and sometimes it wasnt his fault that the fights didnt happen. A fight against casamayor would have been tough from a stylistic point. A fight with stevie johnston would have been nice from a stylistic point but floyd turned it down and hbo got mad at him. tsyzu would have been nice but it was dismissed as showtime vs hbo. margarito obv was a big one. long reigning #1 contender with a mexican fanbase but he fought sharmba and zab for less. winky fight was agreed upon but floyd pulled out. a win over prime winky would have been a great win but i think winky is better than his record which should have wins over vargas and taylor on it.

The two big legacy fights were cotto and pac. those were his leonard-hearns, leonard-duran fights, leonard-hagler fights. his ali-frazier, ali-foreman fights ali-liston fights. prime cotto at 147 he said he couldnt figth him because he lived too far away and because he was with arum and then retired. Then of course pac who he should have fought at least 3 years earlier when pac agreed to testing but then came the absurd 40 million flat fee. the cotto and pac fights would have done a lot for him since he already has a ton of good secondary wins.
                Can't really argue much with that.

If Floyd was 48-1, which I think he should be (as do most) - because he absolutely, 100% lost the first Castillo fight, and it really wasn't even that close lol. Or maybe 47-2 in his toss-up fights with Pac and Maidana I, then it's literally looked at in an entirely different scope.

I used to be a critic of Floyd, but I tried to come around some after he retired (supposedly), and give him his props.

But when looking at it like this, it really does put things in perspective.

While definitely a top 3-5 boxer of his era, he's nowhere close to top-5 ATG - I definitely retract that.

Comment

genaro hernandez is better than anyone lomachenko has fought so far so...........................
                  So is Corrales...one of the hardest 130-135 punchers of all time.

Beat the best pressure fighter of the era in a phone booth fight....castillo

and outboxed the boxer in their rematch....casamayor

Comment

this has to be one of the dumbest shits I've read on this site.

only pacfarts say crap like this

and im not even a floyd fan

its true. he landed the cleaner punches. i can post up 7 rounds in which he did it. also my analysis that floyd was gun shy was because he was not committing ony any of his punches. he wasnt stepping forward with anything. they were almost all arm punches and thats why they were coming up short or barely grazing.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      So is Corrales...one of the hardest 130-135 punchers of all time.

Beat the best pressure fighter of the era in a phone booth fight....castillo

and outboxed the boxer in their rematch....casamayor
                      please go back and re read all the posts from me and daggum

he falls right into his own whole and got busted switching up comments cuz imo he forgot what was on boxrec and google

Comment

Working...
                      X