No announcement yet.

Martirosyan vs Maidana, FOTY worthy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martirosyan vs Maidana, FOTY worthy?

I think it would be Chino's first KO loss...
    Ring rust or not, Chino gets clipped
    80.00%
    Chino's great comeback, 154 welcoming and UD win
    20.00%

Could Maidana even make 154 these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Could Maidana even make 154 these days?
      he couldn't finish Broner. I doubt his power above 154. Vanes would be his toughest test at 154 in surviving a 10 rounder

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        he couldn't finish Broner. I doubt his power above 154. Vanes would be his toughest test at 154 in surviving a 10 rounder
        What I was getting at is that he's eaten himself into oblivion. But its possible that he wouldn't be as powerful at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          What I was getting at is that he's eaten himself into oblivion. But its possible that he wouldn't be as powerful at that weight.
          yup. Argentinians are heavy meat eaters. last great Argentinian was Martinez I guess

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            I think it would be Chino's first KO loss...
            Vanes would win. He is a big 154 pounder and a very good one. Maidana is a very good fighter at his best. Maidana was already chubby at 147. If Maidana trained hard and watched his diet he could fight at his best weight of 140. Maidana is no longer a dedicated boxer and he has no business fighting at 154. Apparently the millions he made for the two Mayweather fights made him rich enough that he no longer needs to fight for money so the desire to train hard and fight is gone.

Comment

If he can make 154 comfortably he destroys Vanes.

Comment

Maidana is out of the game and he won't return. He is too fat and old now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                  Maidana is out of the game and he won't return. He is too fat and old now.
                  dude is only 32. But when you truly think about it, fighting for a title at 154 would be the only thing worthy of proving after fighting Floyd. Clearly, he respects and love the PBC gang. Weren't Chino and Broner partying together?

Comment

Personally I hope Chino stays retired. I hope he invests well and enjoys the fat and happy life. No reason for him to come out of retirement for Martirosyan of all people. I could see a fun fight with him and Mayorga as a final farewell in Argentina at like 170lbs lol, other than that the man deserves to enjoy his family and food.

Comment

Working...
                    X