Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which true top middleweight contenders does Lara beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara would beat Cotto...

Comment

Him vs Lemeiux would be a real bull-matador type of bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Him vs Lemeiux would be a real bull-matador type of bout.
        Lara aint matador, he will run away from bull...

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          He beats them all except ggg

Mw division is awful right now
          Please relax guys, I like Lara but slow as molasses Angulo tagged him all night!

Lara's defence isn't Rigo level and like most of the Cuban guys his chin is like peanut brittle! Now don't get me wrong he's got heart, look at the outcome to the Angulo fight.

Lara is all of 5'7, these guys are huge. Angulo blows up in weight at fight night but that's way to much water weight not functional weight!

Murray - 6'0 175+ on fight night and is physically strong, he'd wear out and beat down Lara late

Quillin - 5'11 175+! can be outboxes but has serious power. It would be like the N'***am fight except Quillin would eventually get the KO

Lee - 6'3 about 168-70, andy doesn't have the weight of the first two but Posesses an 80+ inch reach and one hitter power. Lees downfall has always been out muscling and wearing out, not gonna happen vs Lara

Geale - Geale is the only one that I see Lara having a chance to beat, he doesn't possess the weight advantage of the others on the list and doesn't possess much power. But I still see it 50/50

N'Dam - genuine athletic ability, good power and size. He gets to lara early and stops him mid rounds. His only problem is his chin, but Lara ain't stopping him
          Last edited by toshmurph; 03-20-2015, 08:55 AM. Reason: Missed a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Lee or Geale have the best shot IMO.
            More like Lee -- he's huge for Lara...

Comment

If popular opinion is to be believed, he wouldn't even beat Willie Munson Jr.

Don't put him in with stone cold killers like Rubio and Geale!

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                Please relax guys, I like Lara but slow as molasses Angulo tagged him all night!

Lara's defence isn't Rigo level and like most of the Cuban guys his chin is like peanut brittle! Now don't get me wrong he's got heart, look at the outcome to the Angulo fight.

Lara is all of 5'7, these guys are huge. Angulo blows up in weight at fight night but that's way to much water weight not functional weight!
                Lara has the same height (5'9) & reach (75") as Marvin Hagler. He also rehydrates to 170lbs and by his own admission is a big JMW.

People like to point out that Angulo was able to hurt Lara, but they leave out the fact that Lara stopped and ruined Angulo. And that's despite the fact that Richard Schaeffer told Lara he wasn't allowed to rehydrate past 164lbs, while Angulo was allowed to come in at 174lbs.

Furthermore, Angulo was able to hurt Lara, but how come if he's so fragile Saul Alvarez, Vanes Matirosyn & Paul Williams weren't able too?

Comment

I would favor him over Geale and Lee. Murray would be a 50/50 fight. Quillin and N'dam would beat him.

Comment

He probably beats them all apart from Golovkin. Murray would be interesting due to his size, but i suspect he'd get outboxed & Lara survive a late scare.

Comment

Is Lara moving up?

Comment

Working...
                      X