Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Santa Cruz's much talked about but unseen power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they kept repeating that LSC struggles to make weight so if anything he cuts 15 pounds or more that is where his original power comes from same with broner/alvarez they get by beating up on smaller men

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      He landed regularly enough and clean as to where he should have been able to get rid of Mijares who is a much smaller guy, Santa Cruz can throw 100 punches per rd but I find it a choir to watch him.

Comment

When he sits down he hits a bit harder but what makes him a killer is his accuracy and balance throughout his shots. He's better than Marg was imo. Dude is very accurate..VERY for someone who can throw more than just a pitter pat combination while coming forward. Seriously, he was beating the dog s hit out of Mijares last night that at aroud the what..4th, 5th last night Mijares looked like he had been through 12 already I honestly thought they'd stop it.

Leo doesnt have one shot power though he will occasionally sit down on a counter and really hurt people or sit down on a left hook..but again...it's his accuracy IMO that's the most devastating. He seems like a punishing sort of fighter who hits hard enough to stop lesser men but not hard enough to up and out ko a willful man.

Oh and Canelo (and now Broner) have recently fought VERY big dudes and Angulo got tooled and Maidana acknowledge Broner's power so i wouldnt compare that. Broner was a LOT bigger than leo vs these guys (most guys anyway lol. No bigger than Donaire was....). Canelo has fought dudes coming up, etc but at his weight the guys arent dwarfed in size by him.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-09-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
          I'm glad people are recognizing the religious experience that is Leo Santa Cruz.

Comment

Could be this guy Jessie Magdaleno, the one to give LSC problems ?

Comment

Maybe the whole mini margarito thing got to ppl who we're expecting similar punching power. But it has been noted before that he is not the hardest puncher. The commentators were talking about it throughout the fight

Comment

It wasn't Santa Cruz' fault that fight was boring
                That was all Mijares
                Santa Cruz is one if the most entertaining fighters out there and does have good but not great power.

Comment

I never heard anyone say he has power he just beats you down with volume.

He hurt mijares multiple times last night but mijares was running all night to avoid getting put down.

Comment

Just feels like his last few opponents are in there questioning themselves on whether they want to win or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X