No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez should NOT go down to 150!! Maybe not even 154 anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    156 ain't far from 154. Catchweights are kind of stupid anyway.
    True, but I think 157 would be pretty fair to both fighters. Martinez is getting up there, so if he wants a retirement check, more power to him. And no lie, I'd rather see May - Martinez at 157 then Martinez - Pirog.

Comment

He's a small middle weight, he should go back to 154 but no lower. He has built a lot of muscle over the past 2 years that will require a long time to break down healthily. Losing muscle mass isn't like like losing fat.

Comment

He's weight-drained at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
          154 or he can go f himself. Manny and Floyd can fight at 154, 160 is asking too much for either fighter.
          beating Martinez at 160 is a legendary accomplishment for either fighters to beat the true MW champ and the lineal champ is more prestigious then anything Floyd or Manny accomplished up to this point.

thats why I say either MW or don't even bother

Comment

martinez should stay at 160 lbs. no one under 160 with a name will fight him.

Comment

i remember when the *****s was saying pacman will never fight sergio even at 150 pacman doesnt have the balls to ever fight sergio, now theres ONLY rumors that this fight might happen and the same people is already trying to discredit the fight saying 150 is not legit LOL! bunch of hypocrites!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Especially at his age.. Weight jumping can turn a fighter old overnight, we've seen it before. For his own health he should probably at middleweight. Thoughts appreciated. Poll is on the way.
                Who gave you permission to post in my forum?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  he should continue to duck pirog at 160
                  DAGGUM strikes again! this time with truth! I agree, he should keep the MW division hostage by continuing to duck Pirog so I can have fun blasting on him; however, it would be equally sweet if he fought Pirog and was relegated to fighting retired matadors in spain like he did for the first 13 years of his career.

It's just that his father, Antonio Margarito, must be so disappointed in his son. Poppa Tony raised him better than that! He did not raise no ducker. . .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    DAGGUM strikes again! this time with truth! I agree, he should keep the MW division hostage by continuing to duck Pirog so I can have fun blasting on him; however, it would be equally sweet if he fought Pirog and was relegated to fighting retired matadors in spain like he did for the first 13 years of his career.

It's just that his father, Antonio Margarito, must be so disappointed in his son. Poppa Tony raised him better than that! He did not raise no ducker. . .
                    He decided not to be a cheater like his puto papi too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      beating Martinez at 160 is a legendary accomplishment for either fighters to beat the true MW champ and the lineal champ is more prestigious then anything Floyd or Manny accomplished up to this point.

thats why I say either MW or don't even bother
                      Agree , fuk the CW , its not right to force a CW below the limit for a division , and then claim the title , if you want the WW MW or whatever title you must abide by the rules of that division in things that will effect the fight in a handicap advantage deal ,

This CW **** effects the performances of the athlete and in doing that gives a distorted view on a Win or its truth worth in history , they sell this to make the fight fair bull**** to the masses because they have no clue about weight , to the idiot on the street weight is nothing ,,

The more scientific the sport gets the more trainers will look for an edge , and playing with weight in a one on one fight is the biggest advantage you can get in boxing if you play it right , if they had a set rehydration weight that would be so much fair than a day before dry out , thats opens up so much with a 30 hour window to fight time .

Fuk CWs .

Comment

Working...
                      X