No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting the urge to "settle down"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else getting the urge to "settle down"

Im only 24 right, but I can remember being 17 like it was yesterday, in that time again i'll be 30.

I'm starting to think about laying down some roots, i been ****ing around for the last few years thinking "im still young" and I havent really gotten anywhere.

Im sort of wanting to meet a nice girl, you know and start a family, that kind of thing i mean maybe not right away, but within a couple years at least.

I dunno, I just thinking it's time to start being a man and not running round getting into **** like a kid anymore.

I'm 26 and to be honest it couldn't be further from my mind.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting divorced.

Comment

TS don't become a pussified ***git. Don't settle down ever.

Comment

Which age demographic is this thread shooting for?

Would you accept a 60 year old member who's thinking about settling down, trying to relate to you?

Comment

Girlfriends are for the winter time when its mad cold outside and theres nothing to do but have sex!

Summer time not exactly prime settling down time!!

Comment

I split up with my long term girlfriend a few weeks ago. We're both 23 and wanted completely different things. She wanted to move in together and "settle down", while I wanted to travel and really make the most of what youth I have left. The way I see it is that I have plenty of time to worry about kids and marriage. Probably sometime in my late twenties/early thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                I'm 26 and to be honest it couldn't be further from my mind.
                It was looking at the "are you afraid to die" thread that made me think about this.

I am not afraid to die and I dont think thats a good thing, If i died tomorrow, who would miss me?

I have no kids to carry on my name, no woman to mourn me, my parents and friends would be upset for a while, then life would go on, no different to when I was alive.

Nobody would miss me, and thats because I haven't done anything to make people miss me.

I also see kids i knew at school, who were 3-4 years below me, getting engaged, buying houses with their fiancees, all this ****, what do i got? nothing.

I guess everyone realises this at different ages though

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                  It was looking at the "are you afraid to die" thread that made me think about this.

I am not afraid to die and I dont think thats a good thing, If i died tomorrow, who would miss me?

I have no kids to carry on my name, no woman to mourn me, my parents and friends would be upset for a while, then life would go on, no different to when I was alive.

Nobody would miss me, and thats because I haven't done anything to make people miss me.

I also see kids i knew at school, who were 3-4 years below me, getting engaged, buying houses with their fiancees, all this ****, what do i got? nothing.

I guess everyone realises this at different ages though
                  So you want to settle down so that you can have someone mourn you if/when you die? I'm not sure thats what it is supposed to be about, although I am no expert.

I own my own house, have a good job and all that. Right now I can't think of anything worse than having to constantly consider someone else whenever I make a decision about what to do with my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                    So you want to settle down so that you can have someone mourn you if/when you die? I'm not sure thats what it is supposed to be about, although I am no expert.

I own my own house, have a good job and all that. Right now I can't think of anything worse than having to constantly consider someone else whenever I make a decision about what to do with my life.
                    Nah its not about that lol, thats kind of sick.

Its just that thinking about that made me realise what I don't have.

And I do want to be with someone at this stage, I've had enough of one night stands and all of that

Comment

Working...
                    X