Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text messaging and facebook are destroying world.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
    I have when people text me a whole paragraph. I normally text them back one sentence.
    Texting is great and really convenient, but there is a reason they are called text "messages" and not text conversations. Gotta keep it short and to the point.

I hate when I try to sell something on craigslist and a stranger I've never talked to before text me essays instead of calling. How do they even know it's my cell and not a house phone.

The art of real conversation is slowly eroding before our eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
      I have when people text me a whole paragraph. I normally text them back one sentence.
      I hate it when people unnecessarily continue a text conversation. They just keep answering back with things that are not required. It should just be used for communicating essential information really.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
        Texting is great and really convenient, but there is a reason they are called text "messages" and not text conversations. Gotta keep it short and to the point.

I hate when I try to sell something on craigslist and a stranger I've never talked to before text me essays instead of calling. How do they even know it's my cell and not a house phone.

The art of real conversation is slowly eroding before our eyes.

Green k given..............

Comment

Text messaging is great. I can end a conversation or ignore someone if I don't want to talk any time I want and it doesn't feel rude or awkward.

Comment

It's a good way to hide though. If you don't have a Facebook account, most people think you don't exist. I recently ran into an old school friend who said he'd been trying to find me. When he couldn't locate me on facebook, he gave up.
            Feckin' disappointing that. I like to think that I made such an impact at school that people would look on electoral lists or post adds in newspapers, but to date this hasn't happend.

Comment

texting lets me LOL whenever i want to.

it's really hard to fake it when the other person can hear you.

Comment

I'm pretty positive and convinced that there are far more things around destroying the world before txtng and FB....

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                  I'm pretty positive and convinced that there are far more things around destroying the world before txtng and FB....
                  Obviously that is true however I still think the OP makes a valid point.

Comment

and please let's not be hypocrites here. Isn't participating on forums very close and related to the great harm that you are mentioning that it is FB? Be real, at least in FB, what should be the standard is to keep in touch with friends and actually KNOW the person. HERE, we spend plenty of hours communicating with generally unknown people and ignoring out society just as bad. Is boxingscene and any other forum ok when compared to FB?

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                      and please let's not be hypocrites here. Isn't participating on forums very close and related to the great harm that you are mentioning that it is FB? Be real, at least in FB, what should be the standard is to keep in touch with friends and actually KNOW the person. HERE, we spend plenty of hours communicating with generally unknown people and ignoring out society just as bad. Is boxingscene and any other forum ok when compared to FB?
                      Do you ever refer to your friends on boxingscene when talking in real life?

Comment

Working...
                      X