No announcement yet.

Rope slipping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope slipping

I want to work on my slipping, so I"m gonna hang a rope in my room that extends across the entire room from one wall to another. I want to do that drill where you slip up and undernearth the rope (like the one Rocky does in one of the movies). I did it before in the gym, and it helped me tremendously.

My question is at what height I should hang the rope. Should it be about 15 cm below shoulder height or what? I want an answer from somebody with experience on this preferably. Thanks in advance.

i had mine at jaw height

Comment

yep about jaw height mate

Comment

i got mine at shoulder height

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
          i got mine at shoulder height
          cosign. ours is about shoulder height as well.

Comment

Cheers thanks.

Comment

And an excellent way of strengthening neck muscles is to tie the rope into noose
              and hang it from a hook in the ceiling, put it around your neck and hang there for 10 minutes. Be careful doing this too often or you may find yourself feeling a bit stiff

Comment

Yea I used to set mine up so that is rested on my shoulder when I was in my fighting stance. You should also try hanging a tennis ball on string and using it as a pendulum. Then practice slipping out of the way on that, side to side and ducking and weaving.

Comment

Originally posted by laurinsane8 View Post
                  Yea I used to set mine up so that is rested on my shoulder when I was in my fighting stance. You should also try hanging a tennis ball on string and using it as a pendulum. Then practice slipping out of the way on that, side to side and ducking and weaving.
                  i've seen amir khan doing this, seems like a good idea - gets that head moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
                    And an excellent way of strengthening neck muscles is to tie the rope into noose
                    and hang it from a hook in the ceiling, put it around your neck and hang there for 10 minutes. Be careful doing this too often or you may find yourself feeling a bit stiff
                    Kinda like hanging yourself ?

Comment

Working...
                    X