No announcement yet.

Texas On The Take: And The Boxing Emberrassment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Giving a license to margarito is no different then if they relicensed resto and the state commission that did it should be discussed.
    You're wrong. Resto went out and pounded a guys with loaded gloves for 10 rounds. Margarito had just had his hands wrapped when the substance was discovered. But I guess to self righteous people that is the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      california didn't even ban him.

they just won't give him a license.

maybe if california banned him then other states would as well.

dude , tyson bit someone's ears off and he got convicted of rape. he was still able to find places to fight.

people overreact. what marg did was bad but people act like he's the only one ever to cheat or do something bad.

mosley was roiding. so was holyfield. both have been pretty much confirmed.

did they get banned for life?

It's unbelievable how vindictive some boxing fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        california didn't even ban him.

they just won't give him a license.

maybe if california banned him then other states would as well.

dude , tyson bit someone's ears off and he got convicted of rape. he was still able to find places to fight.

people overreact. what marg did was bad but people act like he's the only one ever to cheat or do something bad.

mosley was roiding. so was holyfield. both have been pretty much confirmed.

did they get banned for life?
        Tyson should DEFINITELY have been banned for life for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          After two respected state commissions decline to license a proven cheater leave it to a state with no moral integrity, Texas. As our favorite sport has seen its slow but steady decline into corruption, bad calls, blatant dodging, and horrible judgments, another blemish appears on her once glorious face. Licensing a man who should be behind bars along with his infamous trainer, Antonio "Margacheato" Margarito and the aforementioned Javier Capetillo. This decision both saddens and sickens me. I for one will not watch nor support this fight. I am fully aware that this will probably not make a difference in its success or failure but if we as true boxing fans unite and show these crooked scumbags they ill not profit from these deplorable actions then maybe they will stop shoving these bad fights down our throats.
          I agree it seems only Mexicans are approving this since it is natural for them to have no morals

Comment

Originally posted by Roxas View Post
            I agree it seems only Mexicans are approving this since it is natural for them to have no morals
            You are truly the bottom of the barrel in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
              Tyson should DEFINITELY have been banned for life for that.
              Honestly Iron Mike is my favorite fighter of all time, but he continue to make a mockery of the situation and was still allowed to fight.

Someone asked him about holyfield etc, and he said "Fvkk Holyfield". On another occasion he also stated..."Fvkk it....it's a fight so whatever happens happens.

Also Margarito isn't as disrespectful. Can you imagine if Margarito would have told the CSAC "Yeah I used wraps on Cotto...but fvk it. It's a fight anyways so whatever happens happens".

If Mike didn't get banned for life then no modern fighter will ever get banned.

Comment

Should've stopped after you said CSAC was a respected commission. The CSAC is a two bit operation

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                  Should've stopped after you said CSAC was a respected commission. The CSAC is a two bit operation
                  that makes texas even worse for having granted the disgrace a license to cheat again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
                    Honestly Iron Mike is my favorite fighter of all time, but he continue to make a mockery of the situation and was still allowed to fight.

Someone asked him about holyfield etc, and he said "Fvkk Holyfield". On another occasion he also stated..."Fvkk it....it's a fight so whatever happens happens.

Also Margarito isn't as disrespectful. Can you imagine if Margarito would have told the CSAC "Yeah I used wraps on Cotto...but fvk it. It's a fight anyways so whatever happens happens".

If Mike didn't get banned for life then no modern fighter will ever get banned.
                    You're right. James Butler did one of the ugliest things ever in a boxing ring. He fought again. But what Margarito (almost) did is supposedly unforgiveable?

Comment

This should be investigated and a ton of people indicted or fired. This is one of the worst cases of corruption I've seen in a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X