Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do guys with chicken legs generate more power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long lean muscles are limber and flexible which allows for kind of a whip like motion starting from the feet and working through the whole body if someone has the gift to do that.

It is harder to do that with bulky muscles because they get in the way of fluid motion that it takes to create that multiplying effect on power.

Force=mass*acceleration a heavier guy does have more mass sure but how much acceleration are they creating. The leaner guy have a lot more acceleration because they are moving lighter objects because they are less muscle and are getting better mechanical advantage because nothing is getting in the way of their motion.

Comment

Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
      Wilder has good technique? I have never seen it.
      I know he windmills when he has someone hurt but his right hand in normal circumstances is thrown well. You can't hurt people like he does without decent technique.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
        I know he windmills when he has someone hurt but his right hand in normal circumstances is thrown well. You can't hurt people like he does without decent technique.
        Its sad that you even have to explain this to some people.

Comment

Different people/fighters do it in different ways with similar results, that is the simple explanation. Skinny guys like that normally get more power from rotation, shoulders, back, speed, the punch has a whipping action to it. Then you have leg punchers like Naseem Hamed, Mike Tyson, then you have heavy handed clubbers like George Foreman. Some guys have a combination of the above attributes.

When I look at GGG, he very much reminds of a middleweight Rocky Marciano, both guys have disproportionately big backs, and both seem to have those clubbing heavy hands than can just punch through the target.

Comment

For straight punches yes, idk but it's like that.

Comment

I don't think the chicken legs have anything to do with it tbh as some have pointed out.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Wtf is this sorcery?

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                Its sad that you even have to explain this to some people.
                Idk if it was one of you two but I said the same thing to someone the other day that he might windmill when he has someone hurt but the punches he hurts them with prior to the windmills are pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Idk if it was one of you two but I said the same thing to someone the other day that he might windmill when he has someone hurt but the punches he hurts them with prior to the windmills are pretty nice.
                  The punch that Wilder normally turns dudes lights out with is a short right hand.

Those windmill punches work out good for Wilder because 1) he is long enough to throw them where is not in that much danger 2) they come from weird angles 3) which keeps guys from really knowing where his shots are coming from. Lara throws great straight punches all the time but he can never really surprise a guy because everything is the same.

It can be a weakness obviously but people also don't take into account what positives come from it.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    I don't think the chicken legs have anything to do with it tbh as some have pointed out.

Wtf is this sorcery?
                    With a smaller mass, you can generate equal power than some object with bigger mass, as long as you have more distance between the rotating point and the force.

Comment

David Tua, Mike Tyson....

I think when it comes to long straight punches, having long leavers can help you generate more power bio-mechanically! But when it comes to hooks and swings? Usually fighters with dimension's of Mike Tyson & David Tua produce more devastating punches! Rotational strength is all about about core strength, and for me? this is a attribute that Deontay Wilder lacks in comparison to them! You can pick up on when a athlete is weak in the core, by observing how off balanced they become when throwing punches! etc...

(Deontay Wilder is all over the show most of the time!)....
                      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-14-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X