No announcement yet.

Boxing is shot right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    More like beat it into the ground. People waited for years for what ended up being maybe the most boring fight of that year, all paying ridiculous amounts to see it.

Boxing still needs time to recover. Every time you bring it up people just mention the floyd/pac thing and roll their eyes and say UFC is better.
    The rivalry helped, but the actual fight did not. But anyone who knows boxing knew it wasn't going to be a war. Two highly skilled technicians facing off against each other rarely produces fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      You fools have been telling me that boxing is shot/dead for 30 years. And for that you should be shot.

Get a grip on your satisfaction and rub it the way that you do your penis.

Intstant gratification?

Peeks and valleys. Either you learn to deal with it or you go follow golf.

Chances are you're a newbie that just doesn't understand the game of boxing. ......
      No one said boxing has been shot for 30 years...you are in denial....boxing is not poppin right now. Period.. takes forever to get matches we wanna see Jesus Christ....I'm goin there, UFC gets it done..boxing needs a new protocol on match making cus this **** is for the birds. Now go F off with your smug BS. Ive been here forever b4 I posted and I know boxing...so show some damn respect to someone's honest opinion.

Comment

At least we get Porter Thurman this month.

It has been pretty **** this last month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
          No one said boxing has been shot for 30 years...you are in denial....boxing is not poppin right now. Period.. takes forever to get matches we wanna see Jesus Christ....I'm goin there, UFC gets it done..boxing needs a new protocol on match making cus this **** is for the birds. Now go F off with your smug BS. Ive been here forever b4 I posted and I know boxing...so show some damn respect to someone's honest opinion.
          His honest opinion was ****, Peeks and valleys my boy, peeks and valleys. If you can't handle the peeks and valleys either than maybe you should just go watch/follow golf with dat other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            I've been saying over a year that the Mayweather Pacquiao rivalry kept the sport on life support. Though I don't believe the sport is going anywhere, it is dying in terms of its mainstream popularity. these clowns who say they wanted Floyd and Manny gone don't realize how much they did for the sport.

I think the decline of boxing's popularity will become even more obvious over the next two years.
            It's crazy to rely on two fighters in the same weight class to carry the sport. Every time a MayPac fight was boring, i.e. Pac v Mosley or Floyd v Guerrero they would blame the sport and say Boxing is boring or dead. Now folk are realising that there are more top level, quality boxers out there. Theres more budget for those boxers too. I think the promoters are doing a TERRIBLE job personally, outside of GGG's.

It's not that common to see these boxers gaining mainstream attention, look at the UFC. Their top fighters are getting big pushes. Canelo should be getting big endorsements deals, learn English, put him on some American/Mexican TV/radio/podcasts. Crawford needs to be pushed big time after beating Postol. Kovalev also.

Comment

I agree to a certain extent. Big fights to be made but never do or get made years too late, Fighters not nearly active enough or unifying titles anymore. Getting paid millions to fight trash. PPV taking the sport away from the public and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                Just watch the cruiserweights and stop complaining.

Comment

Working...
                X