Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is canelo a power puncher?

What do you guys think?

Imho I dont think he is.

Stopping small fighters like lopez and gomez (gomez could have continued imo)
    And shot inactive fighters like kirkland and angulo along with

Glassy chin small guys like khan.......

He couldnt stop a shot to shht shane mosley
    Or trout and he couldnt stop Lara.

So I ask is canelo a power puncher ?Take into account this guy goes into the ring at 180 pounds
    Last edited by Jc8804; 05-11-2016, 11:54 PM.

He did hurt cotto Lara and Trout but his power is a little overrated

Comment

Boxrec has his K.O. ratio at 67%

So I'm not quite sure he's much of a natural power puncher. He does possess great strength in his shots though... but as the posters above me have mentioned, it can just be the weight.

Comment

At Junior Middleweight he has considerable power but I don't think he has much beyond that. The guys he hasn't been able to KO are known to have good chins anyway.

Comment

of course he is, that should have been evident ever since baldomir.

for as weak a perceived champ baldomir was, that argentinian had a chin.

Comment

I think he's heavy handed but I don't see him as a power puncher, certainly not against guys close to his size.
            Last edited by _original_; 05-12-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

im probably going to get a lot of hate for this but am i the only one who sees canelos progression as a fighter? i think hes always had the power but now hes learning when and how to use it properly. stevens who trained with canelo said he was very heavy handed and physically strong in sparring. i believe shane mosley said that too. he might be more of a boxer/puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                im probably going to get a lot of hate for this but am i the only one who sees canelos progression as a fighter? i think hes always had the power but now hes learning when and how to use it properly. stevens who trained with canelo said he was very heavy handed and physically strong in sparring. i believe shane mosley said that too. he might be more of a boxer/puncher.
                es la misma mieLda.

canelo, as you stated, has progressed immensely as he's grown up.

dude is almost a complete fighter with a chin to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  He did hurt cotto Lara and Trout but his power is a little overrated
                  Trout gets dropped and hurt even worse by bums. i think he has pop but nothing crazy, i think his punches that land with his timing are his money shots, also his body shots seem his big shots.

Comment

Hell yes he is a puncher. Didn't you see the raw power of the punch that almost knocked Khan's head off and left him for dead? That punch had blinding speed and lots of body weight. That's what make a punch hard. Khan has got a weak chin but he has never been knocked out cold before and he has never been KOed with one punch. Canelo doesn't look for smaller guys to fight. Maybe you forgot that Lopez was a substitute for Paul Williams who isn't a smaller guy. The punch that KOed Khan would have KOed most middleweights. Canelo KOs better than 2 out of every 3 guys he fights. I think he hits harder than any middleweight except GGG who is by far the hardest puncher of all the middleweights. His power is about the same as Jacobs who is also a hell of a puncher. You asked for thoughts but it's clear you think Canelo isn't a hard puncher and nobody's thoughts will change your mind. I think you started the thread to try to convince us that he can't punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X