No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch on Kessler Rematch: It's Going To Be a War Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
    Yeah Ward did break his hand in the Froch fight, but I'm wondering what Froch's "issues" were for his losses to Ward and Kessler

or is he just making excuses to try to make the loss not as devastating.
    He's not making too many excuses - and to be fair some of the reasons he gave were fair enough IMO. Against Kessler the prep was hampered by the ashcloud and his partner was about to pop a shorty ringside. Against Ward - I think he acknowledged Ward was the better man on the night but just feel he can beat him at home. But there's always reasons why you're not at the top sometimes - they very top fighters they still win. And that's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by askoe View Post
      I predict Kessler by devastating left hook KO in the 7th
      this reminds me of when Ricky Hatton stopped a faded Castillo on a left to the ribs and a gaggle of limeys predicted he'd do the same thing to Mayweather.

Carl Froch is not Allan Green or Markus Beyer or any of those other mediocre guys that Kessler has put the one hitter quitter on.

Kessler is getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        this reminds me of when Ricky Hatton stopped a faded Castillo on a left to the ribs and a gaggle of limeys predicted he'd do the same thing to Mayweather.

Carl Froch is not Allan Green or Markus Beyer or any of those other mediocre guys that Kessler has put the one hitter quitter on.

Kessler is getting knocked out.
        Kessler is not Mack or Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          Kessler is not Mack or Bute.
          but he's going to feel like them after the fight.

Comment

Froch is talking about war and it will probably turn out that way but I would hope he has a better gameplan than that.

I think he had some good success boxing off the backfoot in the first fight and I think he should try to emulate that this time but with better work-rate.

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
            Yeah Ward did break his hand in the Froch fight, but I'm wondering what Froch's "issues" were for his losses to Ward and Kessler

or is he just making excuses to try to make the loss not as devastating.
            He had an injury and travel issues with Kessler which put the fight in doubt.

I don't think he had any issues with Ward, just an awkward style to fight against.

IMO if he gets past Kessler he should ignore a Ward rematch until next year as he's coming back from injury anyway and push for a Sergio Martinez bout.

Comment

I don't know, it sounds crazy but, I think it's Kessler's time. The more I think about it the more I think he might put on a lil show. Just a lil.

Comment

kessler is a bum,Denmark is a country full of softies they're not meant to be fighters..he should stick to his national sport which is boob jobbing (his sister knows what I'm talking about )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                  kessler is a bum,Denmark is a country full of softies they're not meant to be fighters..he should stick to his national sport which is boob jobbing (his sister knows what I'm talking about )

all Andre Ward did was headbutt Kassler.

Comment

You're a bum.

Comment

We are Vikings, the most feared warriors in history.
                      Fools like you probably dont even know where you are coming from.
                      Come visit or invite me and Im gonna put you to sleep within 60 sec no matter how much you weight, boxing, muay thai, mma your pick.
                      Lets bet real money and post the video here so people can see just how tough you are. You up for it?.
                      My gym is open everyday all day, I will let you use all the safety equpment you wish and put on 18 oz gloves myself and nothing else.
                      if its too much for you you can get your ass kicked by my 12 year old son.
                      Last edited by The Slaughter; 01-19-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X