No announcement yet.

Difference between Floyd's and JMM's Defense in Their Last Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Floyd's and JMM's Defense in Their Last Fights

Both fighters are good counterpunchers. But while Floyd hids behind his defense and counterpunches, he steps it up and became the aggressor at MANY points in the Ortiz fight. And that's what won him the rounds, not just his counters or check hoooks.

But JMM didn't take a lot of risks. He wowed us with a few amazing counterpunches sure, but he sat back after each and waited. He fought differently against MAB and Diaz, fighters he knew won't knock him out.

Marquez outboxed pacquiao badly and won that fight so obviously whatever he did was the right thing to do. Dont even bother arguing that marquez didnt win, when 95% of active boxers who say something believe marquez won that should tell you what really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
      Both fighters are good counterpunchers. But while Floyd hids behind his defense and counterpunches, he steps it up and became the aggressor at MANY points in the Ortiz fight. And that's what won him the rounds, not just his counters or check hoooks.

But JMM didn't take a lot of risks. He wowed us with a few amazing counterpunches sure, but he sat back after each and waited. He fought differently against MAB and Diaz, fighters he knew won't knock him out.
      This is why I don't understand how people are automatically thinking Floyd will easily beat Pac now. Floyd and Marquez are two different beasts. I'm personally glad that this happened to Pac (having a controversial win vs Marquez) because maybe next time he fights, he'll step it up. I'm sure he doesn't like getting negative vibes right now.

Comment

They are different.But all you need to know is, Floyd gets hit less than JMM, and he would still land his punches at a high consistent basis on Manny as JMM did.

Comment

I'm not saying you are claiming they are the same TS, but this is me speaking in general......I'm really tired of the Floyd to JMM comparisons. They both counter punch well but the comparison ends right there.

With that said, you made some very good points and I also felt the fight was close but Marquez gave the last few rounds away.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
            Marquez outboxed pacquiao badly and won that fight so obviously whatever he did was the right thing to do. Dont even bother arguing that marquez didnt win, when 95% of active boxers who say something believe marquez won that should tell you what really happened.
            Lederman judging a fight >>>>>>>>> pro boxers judging a fight.

With that said, why do people rely on others to form an opinion when they can judge for themselves? Besides, I actually know several pro fighters and none of them really sit down and pay attention to details during a fight unless its an opponent they are facing. They are either their to have a good time with friends/associates.

Comment

The differences between JMM and Floyd are the exact reason why Floyd will beat Pacquiao more convincingly than JMM arguably did. Floyd leaves himself open a lot less giving his opponents less room to retaliate. He's also quicker than JMM in both hand speed and foot speed. These qualities combined with his 5 inch reach advantage and his timing make him an incredibly difficult fight for Pacquiao. It's pretty obvious but guys still want to believe Pacquiao can beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                The differences between JMM and Floyd are the exact reason why Floyd will beat Pacquiao more convincingly than JMM arguably did. Floyd leaves himself open a lot less giving his opponents less room to retaliate. He's also quicker than JMM in both hand speed and foot speed. These qualities combined with his 5 inch reach advantage and his timing make him an incredibly difficult fight for Pacquiao. It's pretty obvious but guys still want to believe Pacquiao can beat Floyd.
                and Pacquiao has quicker hand speed and applies pressure better than Jose Luis Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  Lederman judging a fight >>>>>>>>> pro boxers judging a fight.

With that said, why do people rely on others to form an opinion when they can judge for themselves? Besides, I actually know several pro fighters and none of them really sit down and pay attention to details during a fight unless its an opponent they are facing. They are either their to have a good time with friends/associates.
                  are you joking? lederman is horrible when it comes to pacquiao...he gives him rounds just because he is pacquiao and the commentators are no better. Lets get real ...marquez won the fight and manny knows it. Even after their 2nd fight which manny also lost he put up his hands after the final bell as the winner. Look at his face after the final bell, he knows he lost the fight which makes his post fight comments lies and frankly disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post

Wow its so bad that Twako has to give floyd credit.

Comment

Working...
                    X