• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you here?
    because he wasnt a top opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      because he wasnt a top opponent.
      Top 10 is pretty much saying a guy is a top opponent.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow you here?

I don't personally see it for Fury...not yet...I actually think AJ's would be the best HW resume right now, based on my initial view...haven't really gotten into the weeds with it...Fury's win over Wlad wasn't as impressive to me as it is to some others...but it has to be viewed as a better win than AJ in the sense that he did it first though.

I think GGG and Kov are pretty friendly so I can't see GGG fighting him, especially kind of picking on him (for lack of a better term) late in his career when Kov looks pretty shot.

I agree though that GGG could have traversed the weights above at 168-175 a bit more and built his resume up more that way though...maybe not the Kov fights but there were probably others he could have at least really looked for in the last few years to try and give him some good names.

To be fair to him he has gotten a lot of quality fights at MW in the last few years as well though...his career (rightfully so imo) has just revolved around Canelo for a while now so that has kind of dictated a lot of his decisions in like the past 5 years.
        How many combined rounds has he lost between Wlad, Wilder, and Wallin?

Golovkin's ability to finish opponents is pretty amazing, and that really seems to tilt things his way. It's always worked that way: why is Gans better remembered than McFarland, Robinson better remembered than Pep, Foreman better remembered than Holmes? People watch Boxing for violence. Beating a guy to a pulp is the epitome of that.

But no one on Golovkin's ledger matches Wlad or Wilder for accomplishment. On film, I'd put Wallin on par with Golovkin's best. And when he fought Jacobs (the best fighter on his record after Canelo), Golovkin went the distance. Fury makes everyone look equally bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          How many combined rounds has he lost between Wlad, Wilder, and Wallin?

Golovkin's ability to finish opponents is pretty amazing, and that really seems to tilt things his way. It's always worked that way: why is Gans better remembered than McFarland, Robinson better remembered than Pep, Foreman better remembered than Holmes? People watch Boxing for violence. Beating a guy to a pulp is the epitome of that.

But no one on Golovkin's ledger matches Wlad or Wilder for accomplishment. On film, I'd put Wallin on par with Golovkin's best. And when he fought Jacobs (the best fighter on his record after Canelo), Golovkin went the distance. Fury makes everyone look equally bad.
          Got ya thanks for the reply...I personally just have to call it like I see it, and with Fury, I agree that he is a tough matchup for anyone...I thought the first 6 rounds vs Wilder were very even, and then he obviously dropped 2 of the last 6 with the KD.

With Wlad, I didn't see so much of a dominant performance again...just more of a very awkward show with very little action....I have never watched the whole thing and haven't scored it...but I again didn't really see a lot of dominant rounds there for Fury in that one, from what I did see.

Vs Wallin, he may well end up being a good HW...I don't see how we could put him up there with Jacobs, SD, or Murray Lemieux right now...I also think that fight was fairly even as well...of course the eye injury changed a lot in that fight, but I saw it pretty close...I don't think I watched the whole thing though and didn't score the whole thing obviously.

Just different perspectives there I suppose....on paper of course nothing GGG officially has looks as good as the Wlad win.

Comment

• Shameful. Not one of you calling out the NSB #1 P4P, Terence Crawford.

Comment

Top 10 is pretty much saying a guy is a top opponent.
              its saying hes top ten.
              the top opponents are at the top of that list, by definition.

so no.

Comment

Working...
              X