No announcement yet.

5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 better active resumes than GGG's?

I ask this question because in another thread a few guys (the usual GGG-hating crew, to be fair) were going crazy about GGG being mentioned as having a top active resume.

I don't really see the case against him having a top one...I don't follow the small guys much so can't comment on those guys really...fwiw, boxrec(which is not an exact science imo) has GGG #3 pfp right now, which is basically their view of who has the best active resumes.

Resume is defined as - a brief account of a person’s education, qualifications, and previous experience.

Pac obviously would be the #1 current resume in most people's opinion...Canelo would probably be 2nd...I don't really see where, based on that definition and based on my view of Canelo and GGG, where Canelo's resume would necessarily be better than GGG's, but a case can certainly be made that Nelo's is better.

I think Loma would probably be up there now as well.

But once you start getting into the Porters, Garcias, Pascals, Kovalevs etc...I mean I don't really see how reasonable people can put those guys above GGG's resume...and GGG's would certainly seem to be on par or above compared to those guys.

Just looking for some thoughts/discussion here?

Pacquiao, Canelo, Lomachenko, Nietes and Spence are the five that can be argued as having a better resume. If Tyson Fury has gotten the decision he deserved against Wilder, he would be on this list as well.

Comment

Amir khan, silly hoe Saunders, Carl frampton, Leo Santa Cruz,
      And KSI

Comment

Canelo, Pacquiao, Danny Garcia, Roman Gonzales, and Nonito Donaire. Easy

Comment

Usyk, Estrada, inoue, Rungvisai, Spence, Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            Pacquiao, Canelo, Lomachenko, Nietes and Spence are the five that can be argued as having a better resume. If Tyson Fury has gotten the decision he deserved against Wilder, he would be on this list as well.
            Nietes? You crazy, man, that lil dude has a TRASH RESUME!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              Thanks for the post...and man I like Spence...but his resume is basically what GGG's was...like 6 years ago lol...I don't really see that one...Loma would have an argument right now...but I'll list GGG's best wins below...and will list Loma's here...I don't really see Loma's ahead of GGG right now...which makes sense since Loma only has 15 fights right now.

GRJr
              Linares
              Walters
              Rigo
              Pedraza
              Campbell
              Roman Martinez

If I am missing one or two let me know.

For GGG - just official wins - not even getting into how dominant he was vs Loma, or unofficial wins in my eyes etc.

SD
              Jacobs
              Brook
              Murray
              Lemieux
              Monroe
              Stevens
              Macklin
              Ouma
              Geale

And I could list like another 5-6 good wins for him as well.

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              Canelo, Pacquiao, Danny Garcia, Roman Gonzales, and Nonito Donaire. Easy
              Thanks for the reply...I don't follow the little fellas too much so can't comment on them.

On DSG...I would say he has a good resume...here would be his top 10 wins...add any in if I am missing some:

Paulie
              Peterson
              Matthyse
              Judah
              Khan
              Moralesx2 (I guess...I mean this is like giving Ali to Berbick ya know)

Compared to that list for GGG:

SD
              Jacobs
              Brook
              Murray
              Lemieux
              Monroe
              Stevens
              Macklin
              Ouma
              Geale

And again I think G has about 5 or so more quality wins on his resume...maybe I am missing a couple of Danny's too but I can't see too many...I admit I never really followed 140 and below too much so maybe there are a few other names there for Danny that were solid wins too.

But yeah overall I can't really see him being that close to GGG's at this point...and that is just going on official Ws and not taking into account (as I feel we should) performances in those fights etc.

Comment

It's the worst case you can make for Golovkin as all his strong wins are against meaningless opposition and his best fights are mostly controversial. I think it's better to look at his skill in his prime. That's his real strength. His power and technique then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Usyk, Estrada, inoue, Rungvisai, Spence, Joshua
                  I feel like this is a set up lol...since I don't follow the little fellas I can't really comment on SRR Monster and Estrada.

But Usyk Spence and AJ? Come on man...I mean they barely have 10+ really quality wins right now amongst the 3 of them...which makes sense in a way...they are all kind of getting started now.

I would say GGG has about as many total 'quality' wins right now as those 3 guys combined to be honest...sh.it I'll list them and see...and I'll list everything for each guy that I could possibly consider a quality W:

Usyk
                  Gassiev
                  Hunter
                  Glowacki
                  Breidis
                  Huck
                  Mchunu - eh
                  Bellew - eh

AJ
                  Povetkin (at like 40 years old)
                  Parker
                  Takam
                  Wlad (at like 40 years old)
                  Whyte

Breazeale -eh
                  Martin -eh
                  Molina -eh

Spence - I like Errol but this is the wildest one of the 3 to me lol...his resume is like where G's was like 6 years ago I think

Porter
                  Mikey (honestly I want to say 'eh' but I won't)
                  Peterson
                  Brook
                  Algieri - eh
                  Bundu - eh
                  Van Heerden - eh

GGG
                  SD
                  Jacobs
                  Brook
                  Murray
                  Lemieux
                  Monroe
                  Stevens
                  Geale
                  Rosado
                  Ouma
                  Proksa
                  Rubio
                  Macklin
                  Vanes - eh
                  Rolls - eh
                  Adama - eh
                  Ishida (if you give Kirkland to Canelo...gotta give a clean one here for Ishida since Ishida KOed Kirkland)

That's 17 for GGG...7 for Usyk...8 for AJ...7 for Spence...you could probably give or take a couple but honestly unless I am missing some that's about where all those guys are at now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    It's the worst case you can make for Golovkin as all his strong wins are against meaningless opposition and his best fights are mostly controversial. I think it's better to look at his skill in his prime. That's his real strength. His power and technique then.
                    Yeah idk man I always thought that he never got nearly enough credit (on this site really) for his Ws...he ran through a number of quality fighters which history shows is really not easy to do.

But yeah in his prime he would have been formidable for anyone around that weight I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X