Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, are they going to release the PPV numbers for the Wilder Ortiz II fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    Or are we going to get a fake number that is somehow "leaked" from the Wilder camp? Also, what are the real fight purses? Because anyone who is dumb enough to believe that Wilder is getting 20 million and Ortiz is getting 7 million, by being the co-main event of a fight where the tickets are going for 80% reduced prices, is stupid. Also, when do we get the fight attendance too? So that's no real fight purses, no PPV numbers and no fight attendance to speak of. And you idiots think that Wilder is somehow a star because he beat a 40 year old who has never beaten a top 15 guy in his career. The PBC is tricking you guys and you are falling for it blindly. I am willing to bet that the PPV numbers were so embarrassing, they will NEVER release the real number. The gate too
    Get a life of your own, and then MAYBE you wont have to worry about what they are making.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Get a life of your own, and then MAYBE you wont have to worry about what they are making.
      Guy has to be an alt, troll or 14 years old or just down right pathetic....

Comment

It did 12K buys...I know, I know.

Comment

Wow. So this is what boxing fans have become? You guys don't care if a so called champion fights bums and old men his entire career? You don't care if he never even tries to unify? You don't care if they trick you on the gate, the PPV numbers and the attendance too? So you guys care about anything other than your favorite boxer winning? Is that all it's about? Or do you actually want the best fighting the best? Because Wilder beating an old Ortiz was not a PPv worthy fight and that's why they won't release the numbers. They are tricking you all

Comment

They have 10 days to report gate and attendance to the commission. I'm guessing that information will be released over the holiday weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOutlaw View Post
              850,000 per boxing maniacs private twitter.

that would be crazy

not sure if I believe it... wow if true

Comment

Larry, if you're not interested in the numbers being discussed then you don't have to post in this topic.

You always try to shut the conversation down if it doesn't show your favourite fighter in a positive light.

The numbers surrounding the Wilder PPV are significant.

If it's not sold as well as the suits expected, then why would FOX/Showtime/ESPN think they could make any money from a shared Wilder/Fury PPV?

It potentially puts the fight in jepoardy.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                  why are posters so damn concerned about purses?? I dont get it..why does the next mans money matter to you???
                  I guess because it's all about value against Ruiz or Joshua. If They sold X, then it's fair/unfair for them to demand Y. Also, because people are fanboi crazy and looking for opportunity to shiz on their "rival(s)"

Comment

Someone on twitter said today it was over 220,000 buys so far and counting. I cannot remember who.

I am at a crossroads. I am hoping the fight does well on one had as it would mean the sport still has fans and is healthy. On the other hand I want it to fail so they will maybe stop trying to sell us these fights as PPV when they should not be.

If the fight reaches over 300,000 buys it will be a huge success in my eyes even if PBC and Fox hate those numbers. 300K+ views for a fight nobody wanted would be fantastic. It would prove Wilder sells fights because we all know Ortiz didn't sell any.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Too much salt is not good for you bro
                      sup baldy-Fester!

Comment

Working...
                      X