• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    they just released the modified rules for mayweather-nagasaki

kickboxing is allowed without kicks

mma is allowed without submissions or takedowns

holding is allowed

so basically the same as every floyd fight
    So elbows and knees allowed? Mayweather will be murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      They've had fights like that before. Its usually been viewed as the most fair way to have guys fight from different styles of fighting.

Not that I think Floyd would agree to that. I think the other two options I mentioned are more likely. Or even what the one guy brought up with only midsection kicks. I for sure would bet money there will be no unlimited kicking to the legs cuz Floyd is for sure losing if thats a rule.

Idk about that. I think cuz this guy is lighter he might be able to handle his grappling better if thats allowed. If there is limited kicking I think Floyd's hands are gonna win the day still. But for sure anything that goes away from pure boxing makes this a closer more competitive fight.
      I can't get this vision out of my head since being on this damn excuse for a thread: Floyd walks in the ring, his opponent walks in and grappling is allowed for the first round...So his opponent grabs Floyd's leg, looking like a 13 year old grabbing a man's leg, and Floyd starts dragging his leg, with the little Asian upon his leg, across the ring, as the little Asian tries to secure another leg...then Floyd with a pained look on his fact, starts hammer fisting the little asians spickey hair, and his hands, brittle as they are start shattering into little shards... Floyd makes it through the round and KO's the little Asian with the stumps left where his hands used to be.

Shoot me!!! Just shoot me now!!!! Before this fight happens....Please.....

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Bolio as ridiculous as it sounds, when kick boxing first came out, they had an embarrassing situation. A bunch of mediocre boxers were coming in and lighting people up. So? they made a rule that a certain amount of kicks had to be used per a round, or risk a point deduction. What a stupid solution to a stupid problem...I wouldn't believe it if it had not happened.
        Proof of this going down?

I don't remember any boxers going to kickboxing although admittedly when I first encountered kickboxing it was Dennis Alexio back in the day & they already had the gotta kick x number of times rule.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          So elbows and knees allowed? Mayweather will be murdered.
          Some of y'all mfers can't see a joke if it hit you in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            Oscar, victor, Canelo, Diego, and the list goes on. The fact that mayweather fought his walking around weight versus guys that cut weight and would rehydrate an extra 10-15 pounds would make Floyd the smaller guy
            So 147 is his walking around weight? IV doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Proof of this going down?

I don't remember any boxers going to kickboxing although admittedly when I first encountered kickboxing it was Dennis Alexio back in the day & they already had the gotta kick x number of times rule.
              Thats because it was boxers who were not even well known professionals. It was that bad. Karate guys wanted to fight full contact so they developed kick boxing...
              well, when you put gloves on and fight its a boxing match. So they said, no problem, it has kicks so its kick-boxing. The problem is that when you enter a ring with gloves on and punch each other, you are boxing...So boxers who were little known, but fought in Japan, and in other tourneys of various sorts, would go in there and box well enough to win matches and just not kick.

Horrible situation. You can't do karate that way. the full contact karate they do now is much better and true to form. I say this as a former karate guy fighting full contact. You just can't mix the two and say kick!

By the way the idea that Floyd would get destroyed by kicks is somewhat suspect. It didn't destroy the boxers who did kick boxing thats for sure. you treat low kicks like low punches, its a start. Thai Kicks are the big issue and let me tell you something: the way a kick boxer trains kicks is no where the same as the way a thai fighter trains his round kick...One can be avoided fairly easily the other ls like an axe

Oh and regarding proof: Hard to find. have to go back to the eighties matches... There is mention of it if you youtube kickboxer versus boxer fight, which was seminal in showing how stupid the whole thing was...
              Last edited by billeau2; 11-06-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

How naive can people be?

Fellow Posters:

This fight is not about a challenge to Floyd's hegimony. it is in all probability about Floyd having a financial interest and promoting the interests of this organization. Any agreement they develop is strictly to create an exhibition that will market the group. Think about it, Floyd is a promoter and probably wants to enter that market. This is a way to do so.

This will not be a real match. Regardless of what is said about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  So 147 is his walking around weight? IV doe...
                  Have you seen Floyd in real life?!?! Stood next to him?!? Dude is small as sh it. If you think he is bigger Than 150-160 RETIRED your crazy. Food is a little ass dude

Comment

I do have ankling it won't be 100% boxing. It's like he had a fight with Connor with boxing. So now it's his turn to fight mma rules, or at least kicking.
                    If Floyd loses I'm not sure it means too much, unless Floyd likes to win in everything he does

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Thats because it was boxers who were not even well known professionals. It was that bad. Karate guys wanted to fight full contact so they developed kick boxing...
                      well, when you put gloves on and fight its a boxing match. So they said, no problem, it has kicks so its kick-boxing. The problem is that when you enter a ring with gloves on and punch each other, you are boxing...So boxers who were little known, but fought in Japan, and in other tourneys of various sorts, would go in there and box well enough to win matches and just not kick.

Horrible situation. You can't do karate that way. the full contact karate they do now is much better and true to form. I say this as a former karate guy fighting full contact. You just can't mix the two and say kick!

By the way the idea that Floyd would get destroyed by kicks is somewhat suspect. It didn't destroy the boxers who did kick boxing thats for sure. you treat low kicks like low punches, its a start. Thai Kicks are the big issue and let me tell you something: the way a kick boxer trains kicks is no where the same as the way a thai fighter trains his round kick...One can be avoided fairly easily the other ls like an axe

Oh and regarding proof: Hard to find. have to go back to the eighties matches... There is mention of it if you youtube kickboxer versus boxer fight, which was seminal in showing how stupid the whole thing was...
                      Who are some boxers who did this? Legit curious about this. Never heard of this whole thing. Any stories or vids or w/e online about all this?

I just remember Troy Dorsey (a kickboxer who had success first as a kickboxer & later as a boxer) as maybe the only cat I heard of back in the day who even competed in both sports at high levels. And I know a lot of kickboxers boxed with some low level success (Alexio was 7-1 as a boxer for example) not unlike a lot of MMA guys have although they typically got 5 or less fights.

But some of y'all go back further then me with this obviously.

Comment

Working...
                      X