Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new iPhone. Which one do you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on an 8 plus right now. It’s an awesome phone.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, group chat is not the most important thing in my life, and i'm a grown up, so I have a NOTE 9

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Sorry, group chat is not the most important thing in my life, and i'm a grown up, so I have a NOTE 9
          The Note is a good device for productivity, for those who need the pen and split-screen. It's more of a mini computer than a phone.

The iPhone is just a better mobile phone for the average user. The apps are much more polished, the user experience is better than any Android, the hardware is more powerful, iCloud backup/restore is better than the competition, and in case of any problem you can visit an Apple store, something that Samsung needs to work on expanding.

I'm not an Apple guy at all, and I never like the iMacs or Macbooks, which I consider to be overpriced junk, but iPhones are the best mobile phones.

Also, Samsung can talk all the smack about Apple, but yet keep copying them, such as the regular and “plus” models, the second telephoto camera lens, and marketing, 5 years later...:

Last edited by Vlad_; 09-25-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            aaaahhh ok i have a 6s works great but i think itll be slowing down in like a year or two.... but yeah might as well get the 8s at this point then if not the 7 plus is cool...

only thing I head about the apple phones (my 1st one was always a samsung guy) once ios updates and your phone is too old itll just stop working etc
            Well they made an official statement a few years ago that their phones have a lifespan of 3 years, but I'm still on a 5s and it's 5 years old now.

The thing with the ios updates is that they still update the 5s. The 5s is the longest lasting iPhone as far as being able to update, so they're trying to make their products last longer it seems.

Comment

Uhm I recommend not getting any iPhone. ridiculously overpriced products.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                Uhm I recommend not getting any iPhone. ridiculously overpriced products.
                ??? I got the 6s for like not even $300 bucks... wasn't even close to it

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  Well they made an official statement a few years ago that their phones have a lifespan of 3 years, but I'm still on a 5s and it's 5 years old now.

The thing with the ios updates is that they still update the 5s. The 5s is the longest lasting iPhone as far as being able to update, so they're trying to make their products last longer it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    Of course you can, but the 7 Plus is already 2 years old, and since you seem to be willing to invest around 700$, I would recommend the 8 Plus.

It's the last of its kind, with the updated Touch ID, more efficient battery usage, and TrueTone which makes the display very nice.

Plus memory is not an issue if you use iCloud. It's a 1,50$ a month for 50gb, and you can have your photos/videos compressed on your phone and the full quality version saved on the cloud.

In my case, for example, my photos/videos take up 17gb on iCloud, but only 240mb on the phone, so storage is really not an issue.

I don't know how you will use your phone, but you are the buyer, so the choice is ultimately yours to make.
                    Brah, I'm not even sure I fully understand how the Cloud works lol. I know it stores pictures, but I have no idea how to access that s h I t.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      Brah, I'm not even sure I fully understand how the Cloud works lol. I know it stores pictures, but I have no idea how to access that s h I t.
                      Cloud doesn't just store pictures. iCloud saves the whole state of your phone, and I mean a complete copy/paste type of backup.

You could throw your phone down a lake, and when you restore it into the new one, everything will be exactly as it was at the time of the backup.

You can backup manually whenever you feel like it, otherwise it backs it up automatically every time the phone is charging and is connected to a wi-fi network. So basically daily.

It's very easy to use, and worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X