Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: I Look Forward To Reminding Everyone I'm #1 at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boxing is a "what have you done for me lately" type of sport...prospects come up the ranks in the blink of an eye and if you don't keep fighting people forget.... dont talk ur way to the top, go get it. fight somebody already

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing Thurman back in the ring. It's been way too long! He should get fight a top 15 welter to shake off the rust, then get in line for the WBC title. I just wished this article had info on the date of his return. He will have been out of the ring for over a year by the time he returns.

Comment

Thurmans skills are not to techinical it's more based on his reflexes kind of like Roy Jones so for him to be out the ring for this long close to age 30 is going to be a big problem for him against active elite competition this is how fighters get KOed

Comment

I think Keith expecting to be perfect, pain free, & without any injuries,... this is the real world and in any physical or combat activities there going to be injuries, jam finger, swollen muscles, liquid in knees, cold etc... those are injuries comes with the game, how many of us work through our daily injuries to provide for our families, those days of pain free is over,...?!? Get use to Kid and Man Up & Handle yours ..!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            At this point he hasn't proved he's #1 til he beats Spence. And to a lot of people he'll need to beat Spence AND Crawford to reclaim that spot.
            Spence hasn't done much himself. Thurman has faced top 5 opponents back to back. Spence hasn't faced any unless you want to include drained damaged Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              I’m not saying that, but it doesn’t mean Thurman is the #1 guy either. That spot is up for grabs until Spence, Thurman & Crawford fight one another. I’d say Thurman & Spence are 1A & 1B while Crawford is at 2 due to only having one fight at 147.
              That seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                I’m not saying that, but it doesn’t mean Thurman is the #1 guy either. That spot is up for grabs until Spence, Thurman & Crawford fight one another. I’d say Thurman & Spence are 1A & 1B while Crawford is at 2 due to only having one fight at 147.
                I think that’s what I’ve said in my first comment that you quoted. 🤔🙂 so I guess you’re totally agreeing with me.

P4P crawford is ahead of them
                Best resume welter it’s thurman (excluding pac of course)

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                  Spence hasn't done much himself. Thurman has faced top 5 opponents back to back. Spence hasn't faced any unless you want to include drained damaged Brook.
                  And? Thurman's gone. Bud has only beaten Horn at 147, who most people don't respect very much.

Who's your #1 at 147? Mine is Spence. If you think Bud is fair play. If you think Porter I guess fair play. But Thurman is gone & I don't think there is much of an argument for anyone being #1 at 147 right now expect the 3 guys I just mentioned & Porter is a stretch, Bud is less of a stretch & Spence seems like the guy who's the most popular pick by most & he's my pick as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    And? Thurman's gone. Bud has only beaten Horn at 147, who most people don't respect very much.

Who's your #1 at 147? Mine is Spence. If you think Bud is fair play. If you think Porter I guess fair play. But Thurman is gone & I don't think there is much of an argument for anyone being #1 at 147 right now expect the 3 guys I just mentioned & Porter is a stretch, Bud is less of a stretch & Spence seems like the guy who's the most popular pick by most & he's my pick as well.
                    That's fair, I don't really have an argument against your opinion here. I personally will agree with you if Keith hits the 2 year mark of inactivity.

Comment

I think Keef needs at least two warm up fights. As much as I wanna see him fight ESJ I wanna see the fight when they are both at 100%. He's doing the right thing not rushing back and risk making the injury even worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X