Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is GGG held to Mexican style but not Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is GGG held to Mexican style but not Canelo?

Before the first fight, Canelo said he had the real Mexican style, not GGG. Then Canelo moved backwards all fight, not living up to his claims that he would try to knock out GGG, but everyone defended him. "It's called boxing" etc.

Before the second fight, Abel said GGG had the real Mexican style, and that Canelo did not come to fight. Canelo came to fight in the rematch like GGG did in the first fight, although he still threw hundreds of punches less than GGG, and this time, GGG moved more.

In the first fight, Canelo did not fight like he said he would, but everyone defended him and said he's allowed to move backwards and box if that's what gives him the best chance to win. In the second fight, GGG not did fight like his trainer said he would, because he was able to win 8 rounds out of 12 in my opinion by mixing up outboxing Canelo with landing big power shots when the opportunity presented itself, and yet everyone is shredding him apart, "Canelo showed you Mexican style be careful what you ask for." OK, but that same token, Canelo claimed to be more "Mexican style" going into the first fight but GGG showed him in that fight. "Be careful what you ask for Canelo" no?

I'm just one of many boxing fans who has grown insanely tired of the double standards. I think boxing is held back just as much by the legion of low IQ people who watch it. No sport seems to have more stupid people dominating its fanbase than boxing, I guess because maybe it's mostly low income, uneducated people who are forced to go into the sport, and then they become fans or something, I don't know.

I guess I'm just trying to point this out and say to all these people, stop being so *****ing stupid, you're ruining it for everyone. It's like living at a time when there is no running water to drink, but you're the first person to invent the aqueduct and you're on the verge of making life so much better for everyone in your village, but over half the villagers keep using the aqueduct with the drinking water to clean their asses after they take ****s, and to take ****s in it at night so they dont have to go to the trouble of digging a hole. And no matter how many times you try to explain to them that they are ****ting in what could be their drinking water, they just don't get it. "Running water? HAH! The only running water comes out of my C*CK am I right guys hahahahahahahahahahaha!!" "Ohh good one Cleetus! You've always been the smartest among us! You always make us laugh so much!"

When there are this many idiots, it ruins it for the people who aren't. I'm truly, honestly asking, please stop being such idiots. Please. Do any of you remember the ending of the movie The Social Network? I guess what I'm trying to say to these people are, you're not really a complete imbecile, you're just trying so hard to be.

So uh, please try harder not to be, in the future.

GGG lost take it like a man!

Comment

Maybe because he's been talking about it for years in every interview, it's part of persona. He begged Canelo to fight that way and then backed up the entire fight.

Comment

because some fighters arent allowed to break their stereotype and do anything different, people have decided golovkins a caveman with a big punch so he isnt allowed to show good defence and fight with an educated gameplan, its just not allowed. canelo fought like a warrior this time but he was extremely negative in the first fight, its beyond ridiculous when im reading comments like 'golovkin ran' cause he took a step back occasionally lol, people taking things to extremes trying to compare the two

Comment

GGG can afford to fight "Mexican style" since he's usually over matched.

Comment

Working...
          X