Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez: No Remorse When I Take Ricky Burns Apart!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
    Vazquez is is a great fighter. his talent isn't in handspeed and power but those aren't the only things that make you good. Vazquez has a great jab, he controls space and has great timing. plus he has awkard movement which isn't easy to do deal with.

he'd be a problem for Broner because of his style. one of the biggest weakness of the philly shell defence is a boxer with a mobile jab. plus Broner has such a wide stance that it limits his mobility. that's why Broner fights guys who just come foward.

Vazquez would make Broner come to him because if he just stood there he'd get turned and popped from the outside. just look at what Ponce de Leon did against Broner with a jab and Vazquez is better than de Leon.

Vazquez's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a style mexicans like so he doesn't have a big following.
    This is a great assessment and I have to agree 100%. I am one of the persons who saw Broner losing against Ponce De Leon.There you have the reason why Broner only talks of facing Broner because he knows that with Vazquez Adrian wouldn't look well. As a matter of fact, there is a very high probability that Broner could lost vs. Vazquez and this will be very detrimental not only for Adrien but also for HBO (especially now that Floyd signed with the rival network).

Comment

I hate watching Vazquez fight but I think he puts up a difficult fight for anyone. That awkwardness will be hard to deal with...

Comment

Who has Vasquez actually beat? A close s.d vs Breidis Prescott is his best win! Burns wins this by wide decision, his footwork, size and power will win the day

Comment

Originally posted by the_kid_08 View Post
          Who has Vasquez actually beat? A close s.d vs Breidis Prescott is his best win! Burns wins this by wide decision, his footwork, size and power will win the day
          don't rely on boxrec. Vazquez was dropped in the 1st and totally dominated the rest of the fight. the judging was terrible Dave Moretti's score card was criminal. the right guy won but all the cards were terrible.

Vazquez's only real loss IMO was against Bradley at 140 and maybe against Canelo in his 1st fight. he beat Canelo in the rematch at 148 IMO, if you can find it and watch it and you'll see.

Vazquez is good that's why guys like Rios were quick to avoid him at 135 and that's why Broner probably will too.

I don't see how Burns can beat him unless he gets a major hometown decision.

Comment

Vazquez got this, but it will be extremely hard to convince the judges in the UK. I guess he needs to win at least 9 rounds to get a draw. Will Broner still fight Burns if he gets a fishy win like that? Broner just wants to cash out on the easier opponent with the bigger fanbase. Against Vazquez Broner would have some problems, Burns is easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by the_kid_08 View Post
              Just shut up clown you can atleast watch the dam fight before you open up your ****sucking mouth before you look stupid, vaquez took Prescott to school.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                I don't understand what anyone sees in Vasquez...in reality both Vasquez and Burns are pretty bad fighters. Broner is calling Burns out cuz its an easy fight with big money, he can just go to his backyard and rip him apart, he can do the same to Vasquez but who's gonna pay him for that? Yall acting like Vasquez is the saviour and the chosen one to beat Broner and he's being avoided and you're stupid if you think that

Broner's career isn't gonna start until he goes to 140 so don't get your hopes up, at 140 there's plenty of names to test him so get your popcorn ready cuz the most annoying but most talented dude in the game is about to enter the most stacked young and heated division in the game!
                Bad fighter's don't keep belts for years. You might not like his style but that does not make him a bad fighter.

Comment

I think Vazquez has a very good chance of beating Burns.

I'm going to ask a question, and hope I don't get killed for it.

How do Mexican fans of the sport like his style?

The reason why I ask, is because I went to a Mexican friend of mine from work to watch Pac-JMM 4, and it was a pretty rabid crowd over there.

And they couldn't stand the way Vazquez fought.

I was watching him against Gesta and thinking, this dude is putting on a clinic.

Just a honest question.

Comment

Working...
                  X