Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go down as the greater fighter Juan Manuel Marquez or Tito Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    What was worse Mayweather's domination of JMM or Hopkins humiliation of Tito?

i'd say Tito...some people actually thought he had a chance against Bernard...they were in the same weight class

the JMM-PBF fight, that was a joke from the get-go

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I'd say tito, I think his resume is better.

yeah jmm had three super close fights with Pac but so did Ken Norton against Ali, that doesn't automatically make Norton better than someone who had a better resume just means his style was very tough for Ali to deal with, same with JMM vs Pac.
      Trinidad missed out on a lot of great fights though.
      Whitaker when he was still good
      Lopez
      Rivera
      Quartey
      Mosley

His best win was against 20 fight Vargas, and he had to hook him in the nuts twice to do so.

Comment

They're very close to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Lopez
          Rivera
          Quartey
          Mosley

His best win was against 20 fight Vargas, and he had to hook him in the nuts twice to do so.

you can say the same **** about JMM

MAB, EM when they were good
          Hamed

his best win is Baby Fat Diaz and Katsidis

Comment

Lopez
            Rivera
            Quartey
            Mosley

20 fight Vargas? What is that supposed to mean? Vargas peaked very early in his career, he had been a champion for over two years before he fought Tito, beating guys like Campas, Raul Marquez, Winky Wright, Ike Quartey. And Tito knocked his ass out. Don't try to discredit a great win.

And JMM has names missing on his resume too, can't fight everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              you can say the same **** about JMM

MAB, EM when they were good
              Hamed

his best win is Baby Fat Diaz and Katsidis
              Moving up and getting robbed against Pac at welterweight kind of erases that. If Trinidad had moved up and beat Hopkins or Wright at 160 then those misses would have been replaced as well.

Instead, he couldn't handle losing so he retired.

Comment

that's a tough question. marquez could easily be 59-1 while trinidad should probably have another loss on his record (de la hoya). i think skill-wise and p4p marquez is the better fighter while trinidad's resume is more impressive. between taking the 0's of guys like campas, carr, reid, vargas, and de la hoya...he had good wins over a lot of real solid guys.

as of now they're both 3-division champions, it might depend on how the rest of marquez' career plays out. if marquez doesn't accomplish much more, down the road trinidad may be remembered as the greater fighter just because of all those great knockouts and solid guys he beat.

looking at marquez' record, it's hard to say which win is even his best. an old barrera? old casamayor? smoke gainer? don't get me wrong, i'm a huge marquez fan. i just don't think any of his wins are as good as prime de la hoya and vargas.

on the other hand, marquez has never been dominated the way trinidad was against hopkins and wright. i know mayweather dominated marquez but i thought that fight was more competitive than the hopkins/wright fights, especially considering the jump in weight.

it's a really tough call for me and i'm undecided on this.
                i will say this though: i would be more likely to re-watch marquez fights than trinidad's. i just prefer his style more. he's a more versatile fighter. with better management and some of those losses going his way, marquez could have had an epic career

Comment

Lopez
                  Rivera
                  Quartey
                  Mosley

This BS again, JMM missed out on a lot of great fights though.
                  Barrera when he was still good
                  Morales
                  Hamed
                  Campbell

His best win(s) is a draw and 2 L's against Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    20 fight Vargas? What is that supposed to mean? Vargas peaked very early in his career, he had been a champion for over two years before he fought Tito, beating guys like Campas, Raul Marquez, Winky Wright, Ike Quartey. And Tito knocked his ass out. Don't try to discredit a great win.

And JMM has names missing on his resume too, can't fight everyone.
                    Raul Marquez

Vargas did NOT beat Wright. And I'm a Vargas fan.

Comment

Raul Marquez

Vargas did NOT beat Wright. And I'm a Vargas fan.
                      Oh I see now, you fall for they hype robberies.

Laugh at you going with the grain in every close fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X