Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Explains Missing IBF's Second-Day Weigh-In for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You weirdo GGG fans are hilarious. Only the IBF has this stipulation. He made weight (at an early weigh-in btw). It doesn't matter that he missed a second weigh-in on the day of the fight.

Until boxing goes back to same day weigh-ins there's nothing to see here. Just another reason to try and justify why GGG looked ordinary against Danny.

And all this he weighed 185 stuff is nonsense. He looked 175 - 180 at the most. They're aren't many guys who can rehydrate 25 lbs in a day.(Brook comes to mind. Not aware of any others).

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
      They went from hyping him as an ATG to complaining he struggled because of 6lbs weight disadvantage. These are the same people that **** on Mayweather, that guy fought people with a 15+ lb disadvantage.
      where did 6lbs come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I believe GGG's side would be much smarter in the negotiation or they would give up the IBF belt.

I don't see the remach happening before Canelo and Sanders fights, so by that time Gennady will have all the belts anyway. Rematch might even happen at 168.. anyway, the discrepancy in the weight wont be as huge as it was in this fight.
        6lbs is huge?

Comment

where did 6lbs come from?
          One of his camp said he weighed 176.

Comment

6lbs is huge?
            again where did 6lbs come from?

Comment

One of his camp said he weighed 176.
              I really doubt that. He looked bigger than DeGale in his fight aginst Jack.

I dont buy the story he misses the weigh-in because he likes to sleep.

If he was 176 by the time of the fight, he could have definitely made 170 in the morning.

Comment

Victor Conte and you own team said that was the plan all along, that you had at least 10lb + on GGG.. easy to figure out for everyone, even Kellerman said in the broadcast that his team said Jacobs will be 180+.. look at the face of his trainer when Jacobs said .. err probably 175.. LOL.. yeah buddy.. if you were 175 you would have stepped on the HBO scale.. boy was 182-186 and still afraid to engage and got dropped and his face turned into pumpkin pie.

Comment

They went from hyping him as an ATG to complaining he struggled because of 6lbs weight disadvantage. These are the same people that **** on Mayweather, that guy fought people with a 15+ lb disadvantage.
                  So Floyd did allow himself to be weighed on fight night? I've never come across those weights. Where can I find them? Thx

Comment

I really doubt that. He looked bigger than DeGale in his fight aginst Jack.

I dont buy the story he misses the weigh-in because he likes to sleep.

If he was 176 by the time of the fight, he could have definitely made 170 in the morning.
                    Oh you don't buy? You know what i don't buy? That he put on 20+ lbs from ******s looking for an excuse. Do you know how hard it is to drain 20lbs and be healthy?

Comment

I laughed at the "around 175" comment,,i don't think so,he looked more like over 180 to me,he did look a lot bigger and don't say he respects the sanctioning bodies

Comment

Working...
                      X