No announcement yet.

still have Kov winning after re watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still have Kov winning after re watching

i was there for the fight and had kov winning big. had money on ward so I was very happy about the decision for that matter lol but after rewatching 2x yesterday I had it closer but still coudnt give ward the W at best u can give him maybe 4 or 5 rounds. he adjusted well and slowed kov down but kov still had moments throughout the final rounds. people will debate this one for some time. many people at the arena also were split on who won. the guy behind me said it would come down to the 12th round and I was like "you think so??" and he was dead on! I just don't see how ward won. and I almost always appreciate the savy boxer more in a fight which ward was, but kov was there with him and his power at first had ward on high alert

It's roughly 85-15 in terms of the responses I've seen. Only the usual suspects think Ward won.

Whatever, it's like Kova said in a post-fight interview, he doesn't care because he kicked his ass meaning beat him up physically, that's all that really mattered to him lol.

Comment

The big majority of neutral fans who aren't Ward lovers and Russian haters had Kovalev a close but clear winner. The punch numbers from computerbox back this up. Ward fought well but Kovalev fought better. I think a poll will show this even though there are more Ward fans on here than Kovalev fans.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        The big majority of neutral fans who aren't Ward lovers and Russian haters had Kovalev a close but clear winner. The punch numbers from computerbox back this up. Ward fought well but Kovalev fought better. I think a poll will show this even though there are more Ward fans on here than Kovalev fans.
        theres already a poll and nearly everybody said kovalev won.

Comment

i agree with this.

if you go through hoops you can make a card where ward won. that's not what a judge is supposed to do! it's just a heck of a lot easier to give this fight to kovalev than it is to give it to ward. there was a knockdown, kovalev outlanded ward and he's a significantly harder puncher. kovalev hurt ward badly enough to put him down. that gives you an idea of how hard some of the other punches in other rounds were landing.

ward has an iron chin and a set of brass balls for being able to compose himself and not only get up from the bomb he took, but weather the storm that followed it. if kovalev had turned his knuckles over just a bit more there wouldn't be a LHW in the world who could have gotten up from that knockdown. that guy has f#cking lead in his gloves. he shook ward up with a jab.

great, great, fight. this sport is a real treat when you have top fighters in their primes. guys don't ahve to be sluggers to make for great fights. just be yourself, develop a style that suits your physical characterstics, and take the fight. i want to see both of these guys, win or lose, asap. they've made a lot of fans for life.

i hope the guys who don't respect andre ward have respect for him now. you can't say kovalev was whooping ass and is a great fighter without respecting ward for getting up off of the floor and changing the tempo of a fight that looked like it very well might end iwth him getting stopped.

great, great fight. i had the time of my life out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            It's roughly 85-15 in terms of the responses I've seen. Only the usual suspects think Ward won.

Whatever, it's like Kova said in a post-fight interview, he doesn't care because he kicked his ass meaning beat him up physically, that's all that really mattered to him lol.
            Who did you have winning?

Comment

Originally posted by LOWBLOW_CHAMP View Post
              i was there for the fight and had kov winning big. had money on ward so I was very happy about the decision for that matter lol but after rewatching 2x yesterday I had it closer but still coudnt give ward the W at best u can give him maybe 4 or 5 rounds. he adjusted well and slowed kov down but kov still had moments throughout the final rounds. people will debate this one for some time. many people at the arena also were split on who won. the guy behind me said it would come down to the 12th round and I was like "you think so??" and he was dead on! I just don't see how ward won. and I almost always appreciate the savy boxer more in a fight which ward was, but kov was there with him and his power at first had ward on high alert
              Totally agree, at first i had kovalev winning very wide, after a couple more viewings i can see how ward won a few round's but still have kovalev winning a close but clear decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Why lie?

It's 73-27 in favour of Kovalev.

Meaning over a quarter didn't have him winning.

Average scorecard on the Twitter poll favoured Ward.

I know you desperately want this to be as big a robbery as Pacquaio-Bradley 1 as you laughably tried to claim but here on Planet Earth it was still a close either way fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i agree with this.

if you go through hoops you can make a card where ward won. that's not what a judge is supposed to do! it's just a heck of a lot easier to give this fight to kovalev than it is to give it to ward. there was a knockdown, kovalev outlanded ward and he's a significantly harder puncher. kovalev hurt ward badly enough to put him down. that gives you an idea of how hard some of the other punches in other rounds were landing.

ward has an iron chin and a set of brass balls for being able to compose himself and not only get up from the bomb he took, but weather the storm that followed it. if kovalev had turned his knuckles over just a bit more there wouldn't be a LHW in the world who could have gotten up from that knockdown. that guy has f#cking lead in his gloves. he shook ward up with a jab.

great, great, fight. this sport is a real treat when you have top fighters in their primes. guys don't ahve to be sluggers to make for great fights. just be yourself, develop a style that suits your physical characterstics, and take the fight. i want to see both of these guys, win or lose, asap. they've made a lot of fans for life.

i hope the guys who don't respect andre ward have respect for him now. you can't say kovalev was whooping ass and is a great fighter without respecting ward for getting up off of the floor and changing the tempo of a fight that looked like it very well might end iwth him getting stopped.

great, great fight. i had the time of my life out there.
                  Respect dude. Good to see a big ward fan admit when he lost and show unbias. We need more objective fans like you on here.

Comment

But the thing is, most of the scores weren't "close but clear" most of the scores were extremely close.

Comment

Working...
                    X