Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has been the most difficult game you have ever played?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega man one .....NES

Ghost and Goblins ...NES

Gun Smoke ...NES

These games barring Gun Smoke are as difficult as it gets and were much more difficult to win because of technologic limits with more power given to the computer .

All Capcom Games ...i didnt just play these games i beat them !
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-16-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Great list.

Ghosts and Goblins. Ugh...

I'd also like to add Battletoads to the list. I thought those toads were going to give those turtles a run for the money in popularity,... I never could make it past the second level! LOL

Comment

Megaman. I've finished every game I wanted to finish except that one, but that was like a decade ago.

It wasn't just hard, it was impossibly hard.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Lmao yeah, games now save every step you take.
          Yeah and I like that. Although back in the day, you could get a Game Action Replay to save NES games on. The only problem was it was near impossible to fit into the original NES model and just barely fits into the top loader and only with a Game Genie Adapter. Both items are kind of rare these days, but you can find them on Ebay sometimes. There's a youtube video where a guy gets a GAR to work on a top loader though. Now that I have one, along with a GAR and adapter, I'm definitely going to try it sometime. If you can get it to work, you can save any NES game pretty much like games save now, at just about any point. Although these days, most gamers use one of those Everdrive devices. Has a bunch of games emulated on one cart with some kind of SD card used for saving.

I believe the Game Action Replay was even hard to find back when it came out too, since not too many stores or catalogues wanted to sell something that essentially voided the warranty on your console at best and destroyed it at worst.
          Last edited by Anthony342; 10-08-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Lost souls. Hard as hell, boring. Never beat it. Swore off it, traded it in with no regrets.
            Is that a pic of Cecilia Braekhus? And whose that blonde cutie?

Comment

Ghosts and Goblins, Battletoads and the original Ninja Turtles game for sure on the NES. Also Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Dick Tracy by LJN were hard, even when you knew where to go and what to do, Ninja Gaiden I agree on also. I'd also add Back to the Future for the NES because the first bonus stage takes a few tries to get past and you don't get near enough time to complete the later street levels plus even when you make it to the last level, you only get ONE chance to beat the game once you get into the Delorean. I did finally beat it, but took a whole lot of tries and was a b***h to finish. Pro Wrestling was another one too, since you had to win about 5 matches in a row to get the title, then defend it 10 times in a row without losing, just to get to The Great Puma at the end and he was unbelievably difficult. I was only ever able to beat him by count out, but my friend was able to beat him by pinfall with King Slender. Oh yeah also Friday the 13th and Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, but I've recently beaten those without the Game Genie finally and beat Tyson by TKO for the first time recently, I believe in the 3rd round. I had to use youtube walkthroughs to finally do it though. I don't fault anyone for using a guide the first time through. Hell, I used to use a guide and cheat codes the first time through a game, just to minimize getting stuck at parts, until I mastered it and didn't need either one.

Comment

Here's a few more:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15696...deo-games.html

Comment

Psycho Mantis & Vulcan Raven on Metal Gear Solid 1 first time round, months before it had been released in he the US and UK. Demo's or Walkthroughs literally didnt exist at the time.

And I was 12 at the time which probably made it feel 10x more difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                    Psycho Mantis & Vulcan Raven on Metal Gear Solid 1 first time round, months before it had been released in he the US and UK. Demo's or Walkthroughs literally didnt exist at the time.

And I was 12 at the time which probably made it feel 10x more difficult
                    Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    :wank:Recent games that I have found difficult were Bloodborne and Super meat boy. Bloodborne was my first souls type game and had a huge learning curve. I died over and over for the first 2 hours and couldn't even get to the first boss, rage quit and never played it for 2 weeks. I went back and made an effort and I'm glad I stuck with it but I had to call in co-op help for a load of bosses, that feeling when you beat them though.... :wank:

Bloodbourne was super easy to me. All i had to do was use the whip cane, i think thats the name....and just wail through guys with ease. I loved that game. It was just too fun, also, playing those games made you tighten up and play better.

Not for nothing tho?? Psycho Mantis was really easy to me, didn't have to switch controller slots. Vulcan Raven was a joy to kill.....i hated that sniper wolf chick.

Dark Souls is mind numbingly hard. Super Ghouls and Ghost was just a dickheaded game. Ninja Turtles as well. Swim through electricity????????????? IN THE WATER???? HOW?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Metal Gear Solid 2 on the highest difficulty.
                      Yep, MGS2 on Extreme and Euro Extreme is gruelling. Especially if you play it No Tranq and No Socom/AK Supressor (Except all bosses have to be killed by Tranq and the Harrier with the Socom only) for added difficulty.

That shít will drive you insane.

Comment

Working...
                      X