Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After that performance, Stevenson > Kovalev. Do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
    He is the lineal champion. Kovalev and Ward are 2 and 3.
    Some fans like yourself place great importance on being the lineal champ. Other fans like myself think being lineal champ is usually meaningless BS. especially when the lineal champ won't fight the best fighter in their weight class. Martinez, Cotto and Canelo are good examples of three lineal champs who all played keep away from GGG when he was clearly the best middleweight. Hell, Spinks was the lineal heavyweight champ for years until Tyson got him in the ring and blasted him out in less than 60 seconds. Boxrec has Kovalev number 1 and Stevenson number 2 and that's how it should be. Kovalev is at or near the top of most pound for pound top ten lists while Stevenson isn't even on most lists.

Comment

It's ludicrous to say that after Stevenson beats a green dude (although in impressive fashion) he has a chance to beat Kovalev. I've got all my points on Kovalev easily within 10 rounds when the fight happens, Kovalev is too good a boxer and hits harder than Stevenson + he has better ring generalship.

Comment

When The Pimp can perform like that against Ward, Beterbiev, or anyone else that is a top 5 at 175 let me know. The Pimp would get all his sins cleaned by Kovalev, who would probably end him. I haven't forgotten that The Pimp changed manager, and network when the fight was all but signed. All his opponents since then have sucked.

Comment

Not in the least. Some of the shots that Chilemba absorbed would have floored both Williams and Stevenson.

Ward would toy with Stevenson. He doesn't have the sped, skill or reach to bother Ward.

Comment

I act impulsively very often, like tommorrow but I always get back to rational and logical thinking later. Sure, Kovalev is still a better boxer than Adonis and Stevenson KO of some bum doesn't mean nothing.

Adonis knocked out who? Some glass chinned bum.
            Knocked out how? While taking some good clean shots to the head

But a fighter like Stevenson who got one punch KO power, that kind of fighter might lack skills, but he has a chance against any boxer out here - Beterbiev, Kovalev and even Ward with all his Mayweather-esque defense

I still think that Kovalev beats Adonis, but Stevenson got more chances against Ward than Kovalev because Kovalev doesn't have that 1 punch KO power - he needs to land clean combinations to lay down his opponent, while Adonis needs just an one solid clean shot.
            Last edited by g27region; 07-30-2016, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X