Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Wilder get through Tyson Fury's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    what i don't agree with is the idea that wilder could beat each name at the same point in their careers.

fury has been boxing since he was a boy. wilder learned how to box as an adult. his tour across the south and midwest beating bums allowed him to go through the 15-20 training camps he needed to get in top sparring and learn how to box above a novice level.

what problems does fury pose that wilder didn't? if anything, klitschko was taken back by a guy who could both step backwards and whose arms were longer than his. wilder has much faster feet, hands, and his arms are just as long as fury's. heck, wilder might even be taller. fury is not 6'9".

what's important is that klitscko was completely finished by the time fury got to him. he couldnt' pull the trigger. his chance to beat wilder would be to throw punches and knock him out. he won't throw punches against a more accurate puncher, with the same arm length, and a heck of a lot more power than fury, if he didn't throw them against fury.

wladimir was all done. expect him to collect one last paycheck and move on to the next phase of his life, which may very well be in politics.
    Klitschko will be able to land his jab against Wilder, and thus likely more. Wilder wont give Klitschko all those fients and he doesn't move his head, Wilder only stands to knock Klitschko out otherwise he loses.

I think all that upperbody movement and bluffing by Fury is mainly what shut Klitschko's old man reflexes down(ontop of the length).
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-12-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Klitschko will be able to land his jab against Wilder, and thus likely more. Wilder wont give Klitschko all those fients and he doesn't move his head, Wilder only stands to knock Klitschko out otherwise he loses.

I think all that upperbody movement and bluffing by Fury is mainly what shut Klitschko's old man reflexes down(ontop of the length).

wilder's got much faster hands and feet than fury. not just faster, but much faster. you don't need to jerk around uselessly when you're out of range if you can beat your opponent to the punch once you're in range. fury's feints were when he was out of range, and wladimir still reacted. that's because he was a shot fighter! that's why he can't pull the trigger!

it's easy to dumbfound somebody who couldn't pull the trigger regardless of wiether or not you're jerking arund the ring like an epileptic

brits seeem to think this was some kind of clinic, great boxing, etc. fury looked AWFUL. nobody but the brits thought it was a good performance. he just happened to be fighting a dead guy, and he won the majority of the rounds. he ran around the ring doing very little, and a 40 year old wladimir was content to play ball.

prime wladimir had trouble with punchers. his chin was his greatest weakness, and fury wouldn't have been much of a threat to it. the only time i saw wlaidmir really hurt was when fury took advantage of a situation where wladimir was off balance and hit him with what i believe was a hook.

the notion that wladimir was anywhere near his peak when he fought wladimir is something the brits seem to keep implying . i wonder why

wlaidmir was a shot fighter. just understand and recognize that, and then begin your analysis.

if you start with "fury did this, fury did that," you are doing it wrong.

"wladimir was shot, so fury could do this."

fury is going to fight a live body and the little brits are going to come back to reality, the way they always do. they won't admit anything, they'll just get quiet. this happened after bute [not shot, but overrated,] and we saw how easily george groves got to and almost knocked out carl froch.

Comment

I'm not saying Klitschko isn't shot NE. Like I said, Old man reflexes. But if Fury was not on constant guard, threatening with counters Klitschko would have had more opportunities. Against Wilder who is shorter than Fury, no headmovement and is constantly fed jabs by midgets in comparison to him, I think Klitschko being able to establish his jab would make a big difference. I'm not picking who'd win, Because Wilder could instantly spark him, but I do think Klitschko(even the current shot Klitschko) can outbox Wilder and lay more hands on him.

Comment

New England is just gutted that it was a Brit who took his crown and not a fat yank. If it had been Wilder who got the W instead of Fury, NE would still have his c0ck in his hand.

Fury was wary of Klitschko's brutal KO power, that's why he didn't stand and trade with him. Fury did what he had to do to win the fight. Klitschko is never involved in entertaining fights, it's just his style, it's impossible to look good against him without the serious risk of getting KTFO.

Fury has been in many entertaining fights in his career, and i'm sure that he'll be in plenty more.

As for Wlad suddenly becoming shot, lol. He beats any other HW right now not named Tyson Fury.

Wilder doesn't possess the boxing skill of Tyson Fury, and would be knocked out cold if he ever dared step in the ring with Wlad, which he wouldn't because he's all mouth and no trousers.

Comment

I don't think he does. I feel like Fury is a superior talent & he even was touch & go with John McDermott in their first fight. Wilder for sure woulda lost that fight at that early point in his career. Maybe the first Chisora fight too. Wilder was fighting guys who were wheelchaired into the ring til Jan. 2015 largely so idk if he'd been a prepared for those types of rough guys who aren't just coming to lose.

And I think Klitschko vs Wilder is an interesting fight that I don't hate Wilder's chances in. I'm not super bold in some fight predictions unless there is a lot known about both fighters already & Wilder is still pretty undefined in his full capabilities & how much higher he can progress & how much he can improve. So I'm not sure about Klitschko, but it wouldn't shock me if Wilder did win.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              basically, yes. he's 40 years old in march. he boxed more than 350 rounds as a pro. what did he have, around 70 fights?

long amateur career including an olympic gold medal.

three knockout losses early in his career. he couldn't even pull the trigger on his jab, let alone the right hand. he'd paw his jab to set up clinches

the man was not going to be fighting forever. he's a shot fighter. that was an aboslutely awful performance, and fury didn't do much better.

if fury was in such complete control of the fight, a talented offensive fighter, etc, he'd do more than the next to nothing he did
              . it wouldn't have been one of the worst HW title fights ever, which it was.
              Don't buy this argument. Rigo, Floyd, Ward, Lara, Canelo, Wlad, tons of fighters do "just enough" to win.

Why put yourself at unnecessary risk? If you do it for the fans, or because you are bloodthirsty, ok. But if I can control you as my opponent with jabs and feints, do I need to do more? The onus is on Wlad to make the fight.

Comment

wilder would have zero wins and all losses. he would be the new eric crumble. just my unbiased 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  wilder would have zero wins and all losses. he would be the new eric crumble. just my unbiased 2 cents
                  Don't let Cinci Champ hear you say this

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Don't let Cinci Champ hear you say this
                    hahahaha u got me all wrong bro all wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      hahahaha u got me all wrong bro all wrong
                      Well you are one of the few guys I know who openly admits to supporting Wilder almost solely because he is a USA fighter, so I have to give you a hard time for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X