Collapse
No announcement yet.

**New York Knicks bandwagon thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• these wins are more convincing then those 7 in row when Melo was out will see how long you guys can keep it up I'm still not sold on Melo and stat in starting 5

Comment

• Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
      these wins are more convincing then those 7 in row when Melo was out will see how long you guys can keep it up I'm still not sold on Melo and stat in starting 5
      Than who going to be in the starting 5 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        The New York Knicks won a defensive battle!? Da f***?? Is it 1998?
        It wasn't the Knicks D from the 90s yet, but I was having flashes.

It was good to see them grind it out on defense consistently like that.

Watching Tyson and Shump on defense always feels good. They work hard and fit the Knicks mentality that I grew up with.

But seeing STAT recover and block a shot felt good.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBLM View Post
          It wasn't the Knicks D from the 90s yet, but I was having flashes.

It was good to see them grind it out on defense consistently like that.

Watching Tyson and Shump on defense always feels good. They work hard and fit the Knicks mentality that I grew up with.

But seeing STAT recover and block a shot felt good.
          You gotta give it up to Jeffries too...I think he's the most important piece on D.

Comment

• Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
            You gotta give it up to Jeffries too...I think he's the most important piece on D.
            Oh sh.it you're right. I actually feel bad forgetting about him.

Knicks definitely have some good pieces. They just need a consistent leader to follow night in and night out to keep the morale up when the going gets tough. Tyson is a leader on defense and STAT was good on offense tonight.

"The Glove" is that in respect to the great Gary Payton?
            Last edited by PRBLM; 03-22-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBLM View Post
              Oh sh.it you're right. I actually feel bad forgetting about him.

Knicks definitely have some good pieces. They just need a consistent leader to follow night in and night out to keep the morale up when the going gets tough. Tyson is a leader on defense and STAT was good on offense tonight.

"The Glove" is that in respect to the great Gary Payton?
              Of course...my favorite player. One of the best to ever do it on the defensive end.

Comment

Of course...my favorite player. One of the best to ever do it on the defensive end.
                Same here.

Him and Jason Kidd were my favorite. Played great defense and were amazing passers.

Even cooler that they grew up in the same area and played street ball against each other.

Comment

This is why people say if the Knicks get their act rights they will be a team to be feared. They have role players that can fill everything you need. Rebounding, 3-point shooting, one on one defenders, team defenders, a backup PG that can be a starter, everything. They have everything you need to win. One thing they don't have is, time. Alot of great defenses take YEARS together to trust one another and the Knicks just had to make it happen on the fly. Great to see it is starting to happen now though. Hope they keep it going.
                  Last edited by SkillspayBills; 03-22-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
                    these wins are more convincing then those 7 in row when Melo was out will see how long you guys can keep it up I'm still not sold on Melo and stat in starting 5
                    I totally agree. Those wins were damn near magical lol.

These games are being one by effort, defense, hustle and unselfishness with all 10 players doing their parts. We look like a scary team when we play like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      He's actually right Flick. The Knicks were the 10th ranked defense BEFORE D'antoni left. It was our offense that was atrocious. Then Jared got injured and our D turned to crap for several games. Now our defense has actually level'd up, almost single handedly because of the screen and roll. The knicks aren't switching as much and creating mismatches and they are helping one another. We look SCARY.
                      he calling bull**** on me cause he doesnt follow the team
                      but the real knick fans like you know the deal

Comment

Working...
                      X