Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: With Andre Ward Retired, Who is The #1 P4P Fighter in The World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin

Alvarez

Crawford

Lomachenko

Garcia

Estrada

Leo Santa Cruz

Rungvisai

Inuoe

Thurman

Thats my list now. GG and Canelo got bumped up due to their excellent performance vs each other. Had GG winning so he takes top spot for now.

Thurman is the new entrant. Tough pick between him and Spence, but Keith has a deeper resume despite not looking as good in his top wins as Spence did in his step up vs Brook.

Comment

• Vacant! Someone have to earn it!

Crawford fights and beats Thurman he is #1! GGG vs Canelo was officially scored a draw so can't bump him #1 off of a draw. He fights Canelo again and is officially declared the winner then he is #1!

Naoya Inoue beats Sor Rungvisai and Estrada and I would put him #1!

Loma beats Rigo another Top 10 P4P Fighter then I have no problem arguing him as #1

Bottom Line it should be earned and not given to someone like HBO gave it to Roman Gonzalez after Mayweather retired

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
        "Despite unbeaten record, some saw him as a vulnerable who began to show his decline against Kell Brook, Daniel Jacobs and Canelo."

Let me see if I'm reading this right. This so called "decline" you speak of began once Gennady started fighting top level opposition?

That's quite a coincidence.
        Lol it’s the biggest coincidence in boxing. Apparently when he destroyed the elite Dominic wade he was still in his prime. His next few fights against top level opposition he wasn’t.

Comment

• Probably Crawford or Lomachenko.

GGG vs Canelo was not by any means definitive, even if you give GGG credit as the guy who should have won.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            I have Crawford #1. Lomachenko is an incredible talent but I don't know why he's so far up on some people's list. Golovkin, Thurman, Canelo, and even Kovalev has accomplished a lot more than him. If he beats Rigondeaux, he'll have a case for #2 but right now I have all the names I mentioned above him. He should also be below Rigondeaux.
            He became champion is his third pro fight. He bacame two division champ like in 7 fights or less. He outbox Gar Russell who is currently the WBC champion at 126. He destroyed Martinez who had a draw and beat Salido. He made hard hitting puncher Walters quit. He masterfully played with Marriaga and Sosa. No one from 126 and 130 have a chance with Loma.
            Name opponents that Crawford has face that are as good as Gary Russell and Walters.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
              He became champion is his third pro fight. He bacame two division champ like in 7 fights or less. He outbox Gar Russell who is currently the WBC champion at 126. He destroyed Martinez who had a draw and beat Salido. He made hard hitting puncher Walters quit. He masterfully played with Marriaga and Sosa. No one from 126 and 130 have a chance with Loma.
              Name opponents that Crawford has face that are as good as Gary Russell and Walters.
              I love when people bring up Russell. The only time Russell get any love is when people wanna use him to pump Lomachenko's resume up. Russell hadn't accomplished anything when Lomachenko beat him. He was a highly skilled prospect who hadn't fought anyone worth mentioning. It was a good win for Lomachenko but it wasn't a P4P level win.

Becoming a champion in his 3rd fight is a heck of an achievement but in this day and age... Really?

I think people are thinking I'm s hitting on Lomachenko. I'm not! I'm saying give him some time and he will be the #1 P4P fighter. Right now he's not.

Comment

• It's easy.
                Lomachenko is #1, no matter if Ward retired or not.

Comment

• Joshua is n. 1. If anybody thinks that he is better than he should fight Joshua and prove that.

Comment

• canelo is number 1

crawford/loma and rigo dont have the resume to compete.

crawford has available competition to reach a higher rating but arum will match him with garbage fighters.

ggg's resume is atrocious and he couldnt beat canelo

Comment

• In my fair and unbiased opinion, Gennady Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                      X