No announcement yet.

Tonights British fights chat...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Boxnation commentators ridiculously biased toward Saunders I just about got through it.

Not really a memorable night of fights despite the vast amount of them across two channels.
    I know, was thinking the same. They tend to do that, boxnation commentators. Unless Paul Smith is there, he's a very good analyst and a fair commentator as well.

But Rawlinson - he's the worst of the lot.

Comment

• I thought Ryders lack of experience over 12 hurt him in this fight. Took it too easy in some early and middle rounds. Shame as i thought he had the beating of Saunders in there.

Good learning fight for both and hopefully we can see a rematch down the line!

Comment

• Also seems Blackwell might have been robbed over in the Ukraine... Looks like its not just over here that happens

Comment

• Didn't see the Dirty D fight last night but the guy is busy doing his own impersonation of Lazarus...love this guy.

Did watch most of the Copperbox show and thought it was a bit of the proverbial Curate's Egg - good, but only in parts.

Saunders v Ryder did the old Lonsdale belt proud, I liked Billy Joe getting stretched and tested a bit (it will do him good) but also felt John just lacked a wee bit of big fight experience.

Just did not press at the right time and his pacing was off....had a lot left in the tank at the end. But he's got plenty of quality and I genuinely think he can and will come again. Needs to bank this fight and should take plenty of confidence about his competiveness. Saunders will roll-on and is class; but don't be calling out Barker or Murray.

Chisora did a number on Gerber (as widely predicted) but I am not sure Gerber was anything more than a big, strong lad. It was a pretty easy route to the Blue Belt for Del and the Boystov fight would have been far more meaningful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
            Didn't see the Dirty D fight last night but the guy is busy doing his own impersonation of Lazarus...love this guy.

Did watch most of the Copperbox show and thought it was a bit of the proverbial Curate's Egg - good, but only in parts.

Saunders v Ryder did the old Lonsdale belt proud, I liked Billy Joe getting stretched and tested a bit (it will do him good) but also felt John just lacked a wee bit of big fight experience.

Just did not press at the right time and his pacing was off....had a lot left in the tank at the end. But he's got plenty of quality and I genuinely think he can and will come again. Needs to bank this fight and should take plenty of confidence about his competiveness. Saunders will roll-on and is class; but don't be calling out Barker or Murray.

Chisora did a number on Gerber (as widely predicted) but I am not sure Gerber was anything more than a big, strong lad. It was a pretty easy route to the Blue Belt for Del and the Boystov fight would have been far more meaningful.
            he was also a bum

Comment

• Did Johnny Nelson just call Paralympic gold medallist David Weir a "Big time Charlie" when introducing him?

Anyway Kevin Mitchell in the ring now.

Not sure if Joshua is on next or Scott Quigg-Salinas?.

Comment

• I think Joshua is next after that fight.

Comment

• Quigg Salinas now in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                  X