Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Decisions a Game Joseph Diaz, Retains WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    That was his 2nd 12 round fight. I thought he did good for himself. The father/son training needs to go for him. Time to get a professional trainer. Cutman was decent...
    Won't happen Father and Son are very close he quit his job just to be his full time trainer

Comment

Gary Russell Jr. deserved to win. He outworked Jo Jo. I'm good with either 8-4 or 7-5 Russell Jr.

Few things Jo Jo acquited himself well but when him and his team re watch this fight he's going to be kicking himself in the A$$. He was entirely to economical this fight and at championship level he has to throw more and be willing to walk through fire. This will be a great learning experience.

Gary Russell Jr. looked good. By far his best win which should say something this far into his career. He needs to keep active.

Last thing. That ref was absolutely horrible. Russell Jr. was doing a lot of holding with no warnings yet Jo Jo was getting warned it seemed like the majority of the fight.

Comment

Great fight. Diaz couldn't deal with Gary's speed, movement and stamina. 115 -113 card was suspect but it was a UD in the end so all good.

Comment

Good fight. Gary's class showed down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
            Gary Russell Jr. deserved to win. He outworked Jo Jo. I'm good with either 8-4 or 7-5 Russell Jr.

Few things Jo Jo acquited himself well but when him and his team re watch this fight he's going to be kicking himself in the A$$. He was entirely to economical this fight and at championship level he has to throw more and be willing to walk through fire. This will be a great learning experience.

Gary Russell Jr. looked good. By far his best win which should say something this far into his career. He needs to keep active.

Last thing. That ref was absolutely horrible. Russell Jr. was doing a lot of holding with no warnings yet Jo Jo was getting warned it seemed like the majority of the fight.
            I also saw quite a few low blows Russell landed without one warning. While the gimp hobbit was warning Diaz for everything. I hate over active refs. Or one sided ones.

Comment

Originally posted by chimichanga2 View Post
              Great fight. Diaz couldn't deal with Gary's speed, movement and stamina. 115 -113 card was suspect but it was a UD in the end so all good.
              I was highly entertained!

Comment

I said that Jospeh would be the winner but Russell did a great job.

Congratulations, he did a great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Won't happen Father and Son are very close he quit his job just to be his full time trainer
                  Yeah your right. But there's not much else to learn from him?? He needs to work on that foot work He doesn't slide or move smoothly when he switches up. It's more like hitch almost like he has a bad hip???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I also saw quite a few low blows Russell landed without one warning. While the gimp hobbit was warning Diaz for everything. I hate over active refs. Or one sided ones.
                    I second that. The ref prevented a lot of inside work and Jo Jo had going.

But for the future Jo Jo will have to learn adjustments.

Comment

Was it me or was the ref after Diaz from the beginning? Horrible ref
                      Last edited by Boxinghero1; 05-19-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X