Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonights fight was further proof of why traditional aerobic cardio is a waste of time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so why did oplder fighters go 15 rounds?

athletes today are on drugs

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post

The OP is full of sh_t. Groves wasn't gassed, he was having his best rounds at the time. Fighters a hundred years ago went 20-30 rounds and the most they did was road work.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
        Groves did all those long runs, all those steady state jogs, and he was visibly gassed from round 5.

Boxing is high intensity and mostly anaerobic with intense bursts of energy, all that jogging just wears your joints out and makes you sluggish.

Froch does more interval stuff, more modern training techniques. Groves' conditioning coach is a moron.

They should have hired me he wouldn't have been gassed from the fifth.
        Only the Arizza Shake, The Conte cream and The Memo Piss drink can help

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post

Fought more better conditioned and they were always in the gym working out todays fighter fights than he takes 6 months off and than begins an 8 week training.As an amateur you go to the gym 12 months a year theres no 6 month vacations. Fat Bodies like Broner if he takes 6 months off he's up to 165 to 175 pounds than has to work 2 to 3 months to take the weight off

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
            The OP is full of sh_t. Groves wasn't gassed, he was having his best rounds at the time. Fighters a hundred years ago went 20-30 rounds and the most they did was road work.
            the whole point of why they changed it from 30-40 rounds as you say to the modern system is because they barely ever threw any damn punches and didn't do anything for those 40 rounds. They changed it to 15 rounds to increase the excitement of the match. It's easy to go 30 rounds when you throw 3 punches per round

Comment

Lol ariza shakes.......but i think the question is why is old fighters could fight 15 hard rounds......when now its only about 8 fighters that can fight that way.....im thinking about duran vs leanard 1.....dey fight hard all 15 rounds

Comment

Like some of the others said, combination of being too excited and hyped up for such a big event and also taking some decent body shots is why groves was a bit gassed.
                Being relaxed definitely helps
                I think road work is important as it helps u get into that mental focus n relaxation even though ur moving a lot. Which is great for boxing
                But every body is different, what works for me won't necessarily work for u

Comment

He wasn't gassed. In fact, he was improving in the 7th and 8th and simply got caught.

He does usually have stamina issues, but that is not down to genetics, at all. Anyone can improve their stamina with the proper training, many fighters get that aspect of their training wrong.

Comment

I bet you Groves struggles with the weight doe, and that can affect you going into the 2nd part of a fight.

Comment

Cutting weight before fights might also be a factor. I don't know if the fighters of old dehydrated and rehydrated as much as today's fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X