Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any computer nerds on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More cores the better for video editing. Get a Ryzen 7 2700, 32 gb ram and RX 580 minimum. Cost you about $450 for the CPU, Ram, Motherboard and GPU. You could use your old PSU, Case and hard drive but you probably want new of them too, about another 200. So about 650 going from prices on PC part picker.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-22-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

To record video/audio, probably not. You could get away with an older machine. Just a matter of getting good recording equipment that are compatible with your machine, which may or may not be easy to do.

I hear editing videos though is pretty intensive, so I would recommend something newer with plenty of memory, a good graphics card, and a modern CPU. I'm not super into hardware anymore so I can't recommend specific parts but, a very basic machine probably won't do for this task.

Comment

I havnt seen any

Comment

now when you say edit? what do you mean? and what type of quality a 4k video is out the question but a 720 is possible.

now edit meaning cutting and adding text etc sure maybe try it, anything more most likely not.

I say drop 300 and build a ryzen setup and you'll be good.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The camera and mic will be connected to the computer so not sure if that makes a difference. The idea is for me to stream and edit the stream to make videos. It looks like I'm going to need to buy a new desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
              I just got a quick question. I have a pretty old desktop, about 10 years old and all I want to use it for is to edit videos and record video/audio through a camera and mic. Do I really need to get an upgraded computer for doing this or can I this current desktop. Haven't used it in years. Any computer heads here?
              What are the computers specs, CPU, GPU, RAM, Storage is it a hard drive or a ssd?

Comment

I just got a quick question. I have a pretty old desktop, about 10 years old and all I want to use it for is to edit videos and record video/audio through a camera and mic. Do I really need to get an upgraded computer for doing this or can I this current desktop. Haven't used it in years. Any computer heads here?
                It most likely take forever to process the edited video, but depends on the spec of ur old computer

Post the spec for everyone to see

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The camera and mic will be connected to the computer so not sure if that makes a difference. The idea is for me to stream and edit the stream to make videos. It looks like I'm going to need to buy a new desktop.
                  yeah streaming and editing etc is not lightwork.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    What are the computers specs, CPU, GPU, RAM, Storage is it a hard drive or a ssd?
                    Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                    It most likely take forever to process the edited video, but depends on the spec of ur old computer

Post the spec for everyone to see
                    https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-i...500gb-hdd-4gb/

Comment

My advice is try this Video Editing Software for low spec PC 7 day free trial and see if it meets your needs. It seems if you are asking all this that you are not going to be doing anything really resource intensive otherwise you'd know what you need/want. Chance are that computer will do want you want to do as is or with a small investment of used ram and possibly a better used video card and maybe a SSD.

https://www.lwks.com/

Check out these other software solutions...

https://coderpradip.com/blog/video-e...-low-specs-pc/

Search for Open Source Video Editing software...lots of free stuff out there and then check the system requirements and test them out.
                      Last edited by jaded; 01-23-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X