Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 1 cig left bros giving up smoking after that any tips advice help me appreciate i

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 1 cig left bros giving up smoking after that any tips advice help me appreciate i

Help me brothers gonna try and give up after this last one.

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
    Help me brothers gonna try and give up after this last one.
    Get some candy/gum/chewy/fruit for the oral fixation. You might actually even feel fluish as your body cleanses itself of the chemicals that trigger dependency physically depending on how much and how long you smoked. Just get vitamin c and d and lots of water. If the crave becomes too strong get some over the counter ecig/cigarette shaped vape and only use it when you are really anxious or frustrated but be mindful. You could end up overusing it, only use it in situations it can affect your job or relationship or focus. If you smoked menthols get some mints just for the familiarity of the flavor. Best of luck.
    Last edited by turnedup; 02-20-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Get some candy/gum/chewy/fruit for the oral fixation. You might actually even feel fluish as your body cleanses itself of the chemicals that trigger dependency physically depending on how much and how long you smoked. Just get vitamin c and d and lots of water. If you smoked menthols get some mints just for the familiarity of the flavor. Best of luck.
      Thanks bro, i chew gum as it is, been smoking for ten years im 28 years old. Recently quit a 8 year weed habit but struggled to quit cigarettes. But nows the time. Thanks for your support man.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Get some candy/gum/chewy/fruit for the oral fixation. You might actually even feel fluish as your body cleanses itself of the chemicals that trigger dependency physically depending on how much and how long you smoked. Just get vitamin c and d and lots of water. If the crave becomes too strong get some over the counter ecig/cigarette shaped vape and only use it when you are really anxious or frustrated but be mindful. You could end up overusing it, only use it in situations it can affect your job or relationship or focus. If you smoked menthols get some mints just for the familiarity of the flavor. Best of luck.
        I take a centrum multivitamin Daily aswell.

Comment

If you have a good enough reason you can do anything.

If you have a person to love you don't want to die early for, if you have a future and a career and a goal that you need to complete minus the throat and lung cancer qnd early death, then quitting smoking is easy.

Everytime I get an urge to smoke, I think about all the things I have yet to accomplish, all the great things left in store for me, that I don't want to cut short or jeapardize with compromised health and an early death.

"He who has a why, can bear any how"

I just quit cold turkey, because I have too much to live for. And everytime I want to smoke, I remind myself how much I have to live for.
          Last edited by llll; 02-20-2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Chew gum and stop hanging out with folks who smoke until your urge is under control.

Trust me avoiding smokers company is my tested theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
              Thanks bro, i chew gum as it is, been smoking for ten years im 28 years old. Recently quit a 8 year weed habit but struggled to quit cigarettes. But nows the time. Thanks for your support man.
              Yeah chances are you end up with phlegm and feeling feverish and or lethargic. You’ll be alright, first month will always be the hardest..just don’t buy any cigs..not even as an emergency pack. I smoked on and off for nearly 20 years..got into the vape industry because it was the only thing they worked for me and I saw the potential there before the fda changed things.been smoke free four years as of New Years. The hardest ones to kick are the drinking cig and the post nut cig.

Comment

I don’t post often, I thought I seen this thread made before. I gave up cigarettes to smoke cigars. I enjoy cigars. A tip to avoid the urge to smoke is to form an agreement with that voice in your head that you won’t smoke cigarettes. It’s the voice on your right side saying yeah while the voice on your left is saying no. Once you achieve the avoidance of cigarette smoking think about the negative effects of smoking that you can toss out of the window worry free because you’re now mentally strong. Focus on the good, the fact that you have self control not to smoke, substitute some hobbies while you’re at it. Everything is a hobby, once you get in to the habit of avoiding smoking when the urge nears then you win each time at the end of the day.

Comment

If you have a good enough reason, there's nothing you can't do.

If you love someone enough, there's nothing that you would't do for them, there's nothing you would'nt put yourself through for them, you would fight the whole world and everyone in it.

If you have a good enough reason to keep living, and to stay healthy and strong, then is stopping smoking really that hard lol? It's not.

Comment

1. you're a nicotine addict that's what you are quitting, no gum/patches/vaping etc.

2. keep up your habits around smoking, go for the same breaks etc. just don't smoke obviously.

3. get leverage on yourself, work out what you spend on smokes a year and go out NOW and spend that on something you will enjoy. even 2 years worth. Now you're committed, don't wait til you actually save the money. get a loan if you have to.

Comment

Working...
                    X