No announcement yet.

Is Wilder trying to alienate his white fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Must be embarrassing for Wilder that he had to get a gift draw with Fury then?

But really, if you’re looking at Fury and form, then you must be new to boxing. His performances before the Wlad fight were inconsistent and then he beat Wlad.

Fury raises his game when he has to and this weekend will be no different.
    Yes clearly I'm new to boxing when my account is 11 years old.

I'm familiar with Fury, when he fought Klitschko he was one fight removed from his career best performance in schooling chisora.

Not quite the same form going into this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      Wilder is American and I have picked him to win. He has many white fans from America who support him. Yet he seems to repeat the refrain about race and being a black champion, which is okay I guess, but I almost get the impression that he does not care about his white American support, as he often seems to make out the white man as the enemy.

Thoughts?
      I'm British so find it weird all this black and white and Mexican segregation stuff. There's racism everywhere but Americans seem to want to be all racist against each other. Strange place.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        I'm British so find it weird all this black and white and Mexican segregation stuff. There's racism everywhere but Americans seem to want to be all racist against each other. Strange place.
        Britain is hardly the bastion of racial harmony. Get off your high horse

Comment

Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
          It's WAY less racially divided than the USA, WAY less.

Comment

LOL. I know it's not, it's got its fair share of racists. it's a hell of alot better than america though. Even the whites in America separate themselves, polaks, Irish Americans, Italian Americans and so on.

Maybe that's why even though you got 250 million homes to tap in to to sell your ppv, s they do less numbers than the British ppv fighters.

To me Crawford and plant are American. To Americans Crawford is black and plant is white. They like to segregate themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
              It's WAY less racially divided than the USA, WAY less.
              It's not a racial utopia that's for sure

Comment

LOL. I know it's not, it's got its fair share of racists. it's a hell of alot better than america though. Even the whites in America separate themselves, polaks, Irish Americans, Italian Americans and so on.

Maybe that's why even though you got 250 million homes to tap in to to sell your ppv, s they do less numbers than the British ppv fighters.

To me Crawford and plant are American. To Americans Crawford is black and plant is white. They like to segregate themselves.
                I don't think celebrating your heritage is separatism. If you're Italian American than that's what you are and that's fine. It's a problem when you use your heritage as justification to bash others outside your community.

The British market is a lot smaller than the US, America has lot more going on. Casual British boxing fans overlap with football, they bring that same mentality towards supporting their own, that shows up in the PPV numbers imo. I mean how many fans turned up for Wilder last time compared to Fury, the foreigner.

There's definitely a racial hierarchy in place that lends itself to institutional, economic and self-segregation. The UK isn't that much different

Comment

I don't think celebrating your heritage is separatism. If you're Italian American than that's what you are and that's fine. It's a problem when you use your heritage as justification to bash others outside your community.

The British market is a lot smaller than the US, America has lot more going on. Casual British boxing fans overlap with football, they bring that same mentality towards supporting their own, that shows up in the PPV numbers imo. I mean how many fans turned up for Wilder last time compared to Fury, the foreigner.

There's definitely a racial hierarchy in place that lends itself to institutional, economic and self-segregation. The UK isn't that much different
                  More inbreeding leads to a more common ancestral heritage

Comment

Racism is very strong in America especially among the black community.

They teach racist ideology in schools and colleges.

Wilder's racist views are just a product of his environment.

Comment

Yeah bud, it is weird, even being raised here, it's still weird.

Racist as ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X