Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter got Alexander at the right time, Devon takes him in the rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter got Alexander at the right time, Devon takes him in the rematch!

Alexander was in the hope of landing a premier fight with Amir Khan, (which would've made Khan an IBF champion), anyhow he had to remorsefully settle for Porter. I believe he overlooked him or was tired of training/waiting and wasn't there mentally.

Porter is ok, but not an exceptional fighter. People always like to talk about his win over Malignaggi, but he was shot at 33 yrs of age and not the 29 year old Khan dismantled and stopped years ago or the one that went 12 with a broken hand and orbital bone against Terminator version of Cotto.

Porter also arguably lost his bout to Julio Diaz (1), who himself is a solid former World champion. Disappointed in his bout vs Thurman, but always gives a great account of himself like his win over Jesus Chavez.

So, in conclusion I just think a rematch would be a great scrap and at 100% Alexander will show his form the one that got him winning every single round against Maidana or knocking out Urango.

Hardly the rematch everyone wants to see, but they'll probably face worse opponents in their next fights as they're both coming off losses. I don't see their paths crossing again, tbh.

Comment

That was a one sided beating, without a ko, if there ever was one. I don't think much of porter either but for whatever reason he kicked Devon's ass.

Comment

Devon has peaked as a fighter. He wasn't able to nullify Porter's aggressive attack. I don't see him winning a rematch.

Comment

Porter bullies Alexander all over again.

Comment

Alexander can't handle pressure, can't operate on the inside, he'll always lose to Porter, more so with Porter being on PEDs as well.

Comment

I'll bet all my points that Porter wins if they ever face off again.

Stop trying to make Khan's win better than it is.

Comment

If they fought again Alexander would get mauled again. You have to have power to keep Porter at bay and Alexander doesn't have that. Alexander usually enjoys a significant athletic advantage over his opponents, but he doesn't have that either against Porter, who can match him on speed and far surpasses him on strength. Once you get past Alexander's speed, he's not particularly good defensively and can't fight on the inside, where Porter likes to operate. It's an all-around bad style matchup for Alexander.

Comment

Devon only has on plan clinch clinch clinch pressure/aggressive fighters and it worked before against Maidana and Lucas because both are not the gritty on the inside physically but porter is and since porter is so physically strong devon couldent hold him to stop his attack so he went on to get 10-8 lost every round without a KD

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I'll bet all my points that Porter wins if they ever face off again.

Stop trying to make Khan's win better than it is.
                    Where does Khan come in to this? This is about Alexander-Porter.

There is a Khan Master thread, so if you wish to discuss Khan, you can take it there.

Comment

Working...
                    X