No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    So you are basically saying GBP would like to make the fight but they know Arum wouldn't? If so am glad they expose Arum again, we need more playing the press like this one.
    Sue they would like to have the fight but only if they get complete control of it. They have the lower valued fighter and are taking less risk.

Like I said if they want to make it even, let them offer up Danny Garcia to Ole Bob and Rios. Hell they will not even let their own Man in Matthysse anywhere near Garcia.

Comment

Basically, Arum will not CO-PROMOTE! he wont offer a fair amount of money for Mares' services, and he wont accept a fair amount for Donaire's. Am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        People are in all their rights to blame Arum but what makes yall think this is solely not happening cause of him? How do you know Donaire wants it? Just cause he was talking smack on Twitter? This is the same guy that was lying about GBP not sending a contract when Dunkin AND Arum verified that they actually did send. Then he claims that Dunkin told him it was a letter but here we have the proof that it WAS a legit contract.
        Yep, Donaire is full of it. If he had said something like "3 mil is a good deal, I'll do what ever I can to make this fight happen", then I'd say he really wanted the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jlcelestine View Post
          Basically, Arum will not CO-PROMOTE! he wont offer a fair amount of money for Mares' services, and he wont accept a fair amount for Donaire's. Am i right?
          That's true. That's why its up to Donaire to put the pressure on Bob to make the fight. Instead, he acts as Bob's puppet.

Comment

First he said it was a letter. Now he is saying it is indeed a contract but look at the fine lines... Which one is it?

And i agree with one of the other posters, Donaire wins this fight, so it inst a duck. But if you are begging for a f***ing fight, and said fight is offered, then you negotiate the fight. You dont disregard the ordeal all together, and you CERTAINLY dont pretend the offer never existed.
            Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Yep, Donaire is full of it. If he had said something like "3 mil is a good deal, I'll do what ever I can to make this fight happen", then I'd say he really wanted the fight.
            Donaire has his fans and most boxing fans blinded. This is the same guy that blatantly ducked Rigo on LIVE TV about 3 times with a different excuse everytime Rigo's name was mentioned. If you ask me, the only reason the Rigo fight is happening (if it happens cause it's not a done deal yet) is cause Rigo re-up'ed with TR in exchange of a Donaire fight anywhere between the Marroquin fight and his next 3. If it wasn't for that Donaire would NOT be fighting Rigo.
            Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Sue they would like to have the fight but only if they get complete control of it. They have the lower valued fighter and are taking less risk.

Like I said if they want to make it even, let them offer up Danny Garcia to Ole Bob and Rios. Hell they will not even let their own Man in Matthysse anywhere near Garcia.
              This is a negotiation for Nonito-Mares, between Arum and GBP so any other names are irrelevant, Arum is on sound saying he would offer GBP money for the services of mares so that he can promote the fight on his own, The money he offered was considerably less than the counter offer from GBP which he (Arum) implore them to put it in writing, they have now done so after been berated by Nonito, so there is nothing but admiration from me on this subject for GBP and any other excuse of "Risk" or "playing the press" is just reaching, if they are playing the press let Arum call them on their offer simple.

Comment

Bottom line, both promoters need to continue to find a way of making this fight happen. They owe that service to us the fans to make this fight and many others. This promotional "feud" is killing the sport.

Comment

You are 100% right.

Comment

Aaaaah.. just make the Donaire - Rigo fight first on April 13 because that's what laid on the table right now and then Mares will be next any month of this year of their convenience! Please TR, make this happen, these just the 2 fights I want to see this year from Donaire and I will be satisfied!
                    Last edited by SceneSpectator!; 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• BRUTAL KOMBO!

Comment

Working...
                      X