Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's settle this with votes: Was Castillo robbed vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah cause that'll settle it once and for all

Comment

Castillo started off too slow and lost the first 5 rounds to me. I swear a lot of people get influenced by lederman, for example in no way did castillo win the 3rd round like he claimed but people will look at that and use it to help create the narrative that castillo was robbed lol

Also the compubox numbers for this fight are a complete joke.

Comment

wow the punch stats is brazy. floyd got out pointed in all department. castillo = TBE

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          No, he missed more shots than Mayweather. No matter that he landed way more. What's important is how many that missed.
          He missed more but Mayweather threw less and landed 100 punches less than Castillo

Comment

i should've put a "draw" option but i never hear people call it a draw. if i remember correctly both of them were deducted points.

Comment

The most hilarious part about posts like this is that the revisionists are never interested in talking about EVERYTHING that wasn't scored correctly, just the things that further their agenda. For example, none of the folks who claim Castillo won mention that Floyd put Jose Luis on the canvas in Round 2 yet had it incorrectly ruled a slip.

I don't know anyone that scores fights they way they should be scored that can end up with Castillo winning.

Floyd clearly won at least seven rounds and may have won more.

But, regardless of what you think of this fight, doesn't it say something about how dominant Mayweather was that his his detractors need to point to "near misses" that happened almost 20 years ago in order to give themselves some kind of closure today?

Comment

I want some High definition footage of this fight to judge it again

Comment

I have watched the fight 3 times. I thought it was close but also it was a clear win for Castillo. In my book it is the only fight I have Mayweather losing.

I thought Mayweather clearly won the rematch BTW, which ironically the judges had closer.

Some of the fights that I hear people say were close fights for Mayweather weren't. But on that night vs. Castillo he lost IMO, no doubt.

My friend who as the fight and really didn't know who either guy was, they were giving tickets away to those staying at the hotel, said basically the Mexican guy won and the crowd was in an uproar. From his perspective it was even more one sided than what TV viewers saw.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                    The most hilarious part about posts like this is that the revisionists are never interested in talking about EVERYTHING that wasn't scored correctly, just the things that further their agenda. For example, none of the folks who claim Castillo won mention that Floyd put Jose Luis on the canvas in Round 2 yet had it incorrectly ruled a slip.

I don't know anyone that scores fights they way they should be scored that can end up with Castillo winning.

Floyd clearly won at least seven rounds and may have won more.

But, regardless of what you think of this fight, doesn't it say something about how dominant Mayweather was that his his detractors need to point to "near misses" that happened almost 20 years ago in order to give themselves some kind of closure today?
                    What is revisionist about discussing a fight? You sound a little sensitive. I know plenty of people who watched that fight and thought he lost. I also know some who thought Floyd won.

This BS line says it all "I don't know anyone that scores fights they way they should be scored that can end up with Castillo winning." Talk about an agenda.

IMO it was the only fight Floyd lost. Some of the fights that were close supposedly weren't that close IMO. Said my piece in the post above.

The records book has him as undefeated so be happy with that. I always make my own determination if I have seen a fight who the winner was. That is not revisionist history that is simply having an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      Castillo started off too slow and lost the first 5 rounds to me. I swear a lot of people get influenced by lederman, for example in no way did castillo win the 3rd round like he claimed but people will look at that and use it to help create the narrative that castillo was robbed lol

Also the compubox numbers for this fight are a complete joke.
                      I will take my friends word for this, he had no dog in the fight. He said the crowd reaction clearly was unhappy about the decision. Now I understand there can be biases in crowds but it was not just Lederman. I always find it funny when people do not like the prevailing opinion polls on who won a fight and they tell us how the broadcasters tainted everyone's opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X